UPDATE on 1.8 status?

General discussion about the Mod.
SGTSADSACK

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by SGTSADSACK »

I'm all for being patient and waiting, but when you don't hear from any of the team for 1-2 months its really a let down.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Im still to play Arma2... I bought it on a Stream sale and then tried Dayz and never looked back. Started in Chernarus on a Vanilla server and now Im here enjoying Dayz Origins.

Still a few things left to do but its all going well before I need more content like 1.8 :)
ishootpaint

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by ishootpaint »

SGTSADSACK wrote:I'm all for being patient and waiting, but when you don't hear from any of the team for 1-2 months its really a let down.
Im pretty let down also. I see more servers than players on some nights that should be busy gaming nights which is very discouraging. Ive seen this before tho, when 1.8 hits all the soreness of the community will wain and servers will start filling up again..... i hope :?
XXKRYSTALXX

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by XXKRYSTALXX »

you took what i said out of context!!. I said that I agreed it was mainly a free mod, what I meant was that they are earning some money for the mod since they receive a portion of the sever rentals from lag free
ishootpaint

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by ishootpaint »

XXKRYSTALXX wrote:you took what i said out of context!!. I said that I agreed it was mainly a free mod, what I meant was that they are earning some money for the mod since they receive a portion of the sever rentals from lag free
Gotcha ;) I didnt mean to come off as confrontational, i just prefer to speak bluntly. I know they make money from server rentals but it cant be much compared to their day jobs. Maybe alot of the server owners can contact them and set up a time to jump on TS and express your concerns. I do feel for all the server owners like you and they should atleast have contact with you so your not in the dark waiting and atleast give you a projected month they expect to have it released.

I cant speak for the dev team but im sure they are working hard on it and things could have come up like a death in the family etc. Like i said on a different post they need to find a person to be a spokeman/woman for the mod so they can focus on the back end work. That way they can focus on their work and have a person to answear questions from the community.
spuduk3

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by spuduk3 »

in the past i have mentioned about having one certain person to look in on these forums and facebook to answer any question or concerns the playing community had, i was told in no uncertain terms that i had no right to tell them how to run their mod,.
ishootpaint

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by ishootpaint »

spuduk3 wrote:in the past i have mentioned about having one certain person to look in on these forums and facebook to answer any question or concerns the playing community had, i was told in no uncertain terms that i had no right to tell them how to run their mod,.
I guess all that depends on how you went about suggesting it. But i didnt see that post so i cant really comment on that. Maybe once all the stress from 1.8 is gone they will be more open to reasonable suggestion.
JoePowell

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by JoePowell »

Zidane9Z wrote: The real question is, WHEN will someone in the dev team step up and make the whole dev team realize, that the community deserves better than this and we can't treat them how we want. Hopefully someone will do it.
The sad thing is that you do not seem to understand or show any appreciation when this happens. In the past when we have tried to do things differently and provide information - don't get me wrong we could improve on when and how often we provide information but at the end of the day we are not paid to create or run this mod we all volunteer and to be SH!T talked to on an almost daily basis is beyond what any person should have to deal with. Of course there are going to be trolls but even people who are posting in this topic are guilty of causing offence, sometimes you may not realise but what you say is actually hurtful to people who spend their spare time developing a game that has no return in monetary value. Also I have spoke to you before now Zidane and you have refused to speak to me in a civilised manner so for you to all of a sudden expect that from other people is quite contradictorive.

Anyway a lot of people on the Staff team have had a lot of real life changes and impacts on their lives however in the next few months once I settle in with my new changes I will strive to get origins into that friendly community environment that it once was and I will be looking for people to help, so please consider if you can spare time to moderate the forum or help out people in the ts or be a content writer, graphics designer or tutorial writer then please do message me (I know that what I just wrote was broken english but its late at night and I am realllllllllly tired).
Also with the production of the new website we will be able to improve our communication skills as I have a few ideas for that aspect.

Kind Regards,

And sleep tight.

-Joe
spuduk3

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by spuduk3 »

ishootpaint wrote:
spuduk3 wrote:in the past i have mentioned about having one certain person to look in on these forums and facebook to answer any question or concerns the playing community had, i was told in no uncertain terms that i had no right to tell them how to run their mod,.
I guess all that depends on how you went about suggesting it. But i didnt see that post so i cant really comment on that. Maybe once all the stress from 1.8 is gone they will be more open to reasonable suggestion.
it was put politely no rudeness or sarcasm at all,. i am not the only one who they have threatened to ban on their fbook page just for giving them constructive criticism, some members of this forum have been banned from their fbook page, they will delete any comment which puts them in a bad light, one man mentioned their lack of pr skills, this comment was done in a very professional way and very polite, they soon deleted that comment
SGTSADSACK

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by SGTSADSACK »

JoePowell wrote:
Zidane9Z wrote: The real question is, WHEN will someone in the dev team step up and make the whole dev team realize, that the community deserves better than this and we can't treat them how we want. Hopefully someone will do it.
The sad thing is that you do not seem to understand or show any appreciation when this happens. In the past when we have tried to do things differently and provide information - don't get me wrong we could improve on when and how often we provide information but at the end of the day we are not paid to create or run this mod we all volunteer and to be SH!T talked to on an almost daily basis is beyond what any person should have to deal with. Of course there are going to be trolls but even people who are posting in this topic are guilty of causing offence, sometimes you may not realise but what you say is actually hurtful to people who spend their spare time developing a game that has no return in monetary value. Also I have spoke to you before now Zidane and you have refused to speak to me in a civilised manner so for you to all of a sudden expect that from other people is quite contradictorive.

Anyway a lot of people on the Staff team have had a lot of real life changes and impacts on their lives however in the next few months once I settle in with my new changes I will strive to get origins into that friendly community environment that it once was and I will be looking for people to help, so please consider if you can spare time to moderate the forum or help out people in the ts or be a content writer, graphics designer or tutorial writer then please do message me (I know that what I just wrote was broken english but its late at night and I am realllllllllly tired).
Also with the production of the new website we will be able to improve our communication skills as I have a few ideas for that aspect.

Kind Regards,

And sleep tight.

-Joe
New website? Please tell us more, can you or anyone actually clarify whats happening with the update currently? But yes new website sounds good