UPDATE on 1.8 status?

General discussion about the Mod.
JoePowell

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by JoePowell »

I have been working on a private trello for us today funny enough.
Then I will be working on a public one.
Hope this helps, and it can only improve from here guys. Sorry it has taken so long and it is partly my fault I have just been so busy over the last few months as has everyone else.
Do you bleed?

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Do you bleed? »

We cannot change the past. but we can change the future.

Thank you Joe.

-ZDT IS THE BEST!!!!!
Zidane9Z

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Zidane9Z »

JoePowell wrote:Hi Zidane,

What you have said is what I want to work on creating. I would like to shift development to Agile which will mean we are releases small but often patches rather than large and few patches. I would also like to follow in the footsteps of rust with their dev blog which they do every week. However at first we might be looking at every month or every other week. Every week can be quite cumbersome but every other or every month to start with will help us get the ball rolling.

Developer Q&A, how would you best prefer for this to be done? - Do you want it in ts? On the forum? Facebook? Steam? When I say how do you want it done I mean how do you want the main way to be done, the forum, facebook and steam will be updated regardless of what other method is chosen.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
I would say the best way of doing a developer Q&A is on the forums. That way people can see what the devs have answered and what people have asked already. At the end of each month, you guys should create an official thread where people can put their questions about the mod and then you should try to answer the most "thanked" ones (you can't answer every question obviously if there are too many of them).

Also you guys should start actively reading through the Bug report section on the forums. viewforum.php?f=20
I don't know if you guys have started reading that thread actively now but couple of months back, you didn't at all and all our bug reports went to waste.
There are many really annoying bugs in origins that are fixable and it's important that you guys would look through our bug reports.
For example the bug that many of the new vehicles can't cross certain bridges on the map and just get stuck is really annoying one and fixable. (Scrap APC had this problem like 3 years back and Gamersplatoon/Kinghunt or whoever was in charge fixed it instantly.)

If you guys start doing a monthly dev Q&A, and start actively looking through the Bug report section, that's a really good start.

Added in 6 minutes 2 seconds:
JoePowell wrote:I have been working on a private trello for us today funny enough.
Then I will be working on a public one.
Hope this helps, and it can only improve from here guys. Sorry it has taken so long and it is partly my fault I have just been so busy over the last few months as has everyone else.
That's really good, exactly what we needed. And it's all good man, as long as we know what is going on, everything is good. I don't even personally care if the patches take long to make, as long as we know that you guys are telling us the truth and doing your best.
SGTSADSACK

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by SGTSADSACK »

I hope they have looked at most of the bugs reported, would be nice to see them fixed. Had plenty of time :P

Anyways if you guys haven't see a new wiki for 1.8 is being put together and already you can read about some of the new features :D

https://wiki.originsmod.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

If you guys need any contributors for the wiki, let us know please
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Im loving the fact that there is new things to read now and am happily anticipating some nice changes to the game.

Thanks for the updates all, keep them coming, and keep up the interaction Joe, even if it is one or two posts a day :)