UPDATE on 1.8 status?

General discussion about the Mod.
spuduk3

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by spuduk3 »

as well as an update on how things are going,i asked for info about this sector a place, as usual this was ignored.
someone did post about their pr skills or rather lack of them, he did very politely and professonal but i think they will will end up having a go at him about his post, the devs used to be very active on here interacting with us all the time and since may they have been rarer on here than a gossip column free of crap about the kardishain/ jenner for more than five minutes
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Call me naive but I am making an assumption that Origins is totally supported by volunteers and no actual money is paid by the 'players'. If my assumption is correct, then the update will come when its ready - we all have lives and our free time is our own.

If however, there is payment/profits being made then I agree that the community deserves more communication and interaction from the devs. I was part of the PayDay2 community for the past 30 months and they were very good at communication and updates/patches but then they were making a fortune from it so they kind of had to keep the community happy and to keep the $$$'s rolling in.

Forgive me if I am wrong but for a game as old as this and an unofficial mod that it is, I am surprised that there is still such large updates being created.
ishootpaint

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by ishootpaint »

People just need to chill and accept the fact that they are playing a mod made by people in their free time with little to no compensation for their work. It will be released when its ready. If i was on the dev team i'd wanna quit making it in spite of all the childish comments and dev bashing. On that note keep up the great work devs.
OldManTim

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by OldManTim »

ishootpaint wrote:People just need to chill and accept the fact that they are playing a mod made by people in their free time with little to no compensation for their work. It will be released when its ready. If i was on the dev team i'd wanna quit making it in spite of all the childish comments and dev bashing. On that note keep up the great work devs.

This ^^

Agreed
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Thats a good point ishootpaint - after spending my post leading up to a 'well done devs keep up the good work and really appreciate the effort you guys do' I never actually said it!!

Good work devs... hope you recognise that there players out there who appreciate your time and effort. :D
foppe96

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by foppe96 »

i agree:)
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Would anyone know the rough size of the expected update? 2gb or more?
Multiplay | inMotion Invoker

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Multiplay | inMotion Invoker »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:Would anyone know the rough size of the expected update? 2gb or more?
Well going off previous updates off what 1GB I think? Safe to say it may be a bit bigger xD
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

From a selfish point of view, I am happy that 1.8 hasnt been released as my broadband goes to fibre tomorrow... back to 80gb connection (moved house 3 months ago and been on a 2mb connection - its been killing me!

At least I can download the update and play the game within an hour rather than having to wait 7-10 hrs :P
ShowNoMercy

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by ShowNoMercy »

You cannot rent DayZ Origins Server from anyone, just from their own company, they post a paypal link below every news even if its just a picture - how can people still think the Devs would do this "for fun" and "in their free time"?!

Beside that, their community work is below awful - no information, no updates on the current status, i didnt see a dev posting on the forums in ages.

Stopped playing this mod cause they stated "The final touch and we're off" and many servers said they would wipe once the patch comes out - a month later still nothing happened, no updates, nothing.