UPDATE on 1.8 status?

General discussion about the Mod.
Zidane9Z

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Zidane9Z »

Can we get some kind of an update on what is going on with the new patch? Last update regarding the status of the patch was like 35-40 days ago. Yeah we've had these 2 videos but they do not really how far we are from the release or anything like that.

I've been checking these forums every day for the past 4 months after you posted this https://www.facebook.com/originsmod/pos ... 2390256587, hoping every day for the new patch. I haven't played origins for the past 3 months at all, as we were informed that our server INT005 will get wiped when the patch gets released and no one wants to work every day just to get their work wiped. All i'm asking is that you guys need to communicate more with your community, it's really damn frustrating getting really hyped up for a new patch but then not hear anything for a month from you guys.

You guys should have at least an update every single Monday (like devblog for DayZ standalone) to tell us, what you guys are working with and if any progress has been made and what has possibly gone wrong and if no progress was made the last week, that is important information for us as well. You guys need to be more open with your community. Even if you guys fail to progress at all for couple of weeks, you still have our full support as everyone's main goal still is, to keep Origins alive, no matter what happens.

We've been playing this mod for years now and we do not plan on stopping, AS LONG AS we have a dev team that we can trust, and that communicates with us, the players.

In the end, We are here to play Origins, no matter when the patches get released, all i'm asking is, that you guys need to get closer to the players and give us more frequent updates.
Thank you for reading.
Last edited by Zidane9Z on 24 Aug 2015 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Hannibal

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Hannibal »

I've been checking These forums every day for the past 2 months and the teamspeak Mod Origins ... Every day I see the room of DEV full and hoping they post some news right now are in the room ...

DEV F0rt
staff Dr_House
friends Tohos

It is missing other DEV's '-'
spuduk3

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by spuduk3 »

i have posted on here and the facebook asking for info and any possible update. they tend to ignore any post or just say we cant give a release date when asked.. i have also said that the way they have handled this update has been wrong, they should have not have said coming soon way back in may if they had no idea when it was going to be released.
what they should have done was not said coming soon until they knew what the release date was going to be, they should have started the teaser thing a few weeks before the release.i did also suggest about someone keeping an eye on these forums and facebook and replying when questions like update on any issues or more info about say areas like sector a were asked. i have noticed a lot of servers have closed over the past couple of months because of the non release, i did joke back in may about a possible release in late july early august, now we are gonna be lucky if this is released before the end of sept.
Hannibal

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Hannibal »

well in teamspeak asked if he could give some news and put the link of this post ... he just responded me ..
<11:40:39> "f0rt": hi. we working on it....

I think I'll knit :lol:
f0rt

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by f0rt »

yep ;)
we work and test hard the 1.8

very massive update...
Zidane9Z

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Zidane9Z »

spuduk3 wrote:i have posted on here and the facebook asking for info and any possible update. they tend to ignore any post or just say we cant give a release date when asked.. i have also said that the way they have handled this update has been wrong, they should have not have said coming soon way back in may if they had no idea when it was going to be released.
what they should have done was not said coming soon until they knew what the release date was going to be, they should have started the teaser thing a few weeks before the release.i did also suggest about someone keeping an eye on these forums and facebook and replying when questions like update on any issues or more info about say areas like sector a were asked. i have noticed a lot of servers have closed over the past couple of months because of the non release, i did joke back in may about a possible release in late july early august, now we are gonna be lucky if this is released before the end of sept.
Like no one is asking for a release date, we do understand that it's impossible to give one as you might run in to problems just the day before, BUT the devs should at least tell us how it's going and how much work is still there to be done approximately. Saying "coming soon" when you know the patch wont be released for the next 4 months is just wrong. This used to be a huge problem when gamersplatoon owned DayZ Origins and i really hoped it would change when ripthrough studios took over the project but it seems it wont but you always have to hope :(

Added in 40 seconds:
f0rt wrote:yep ;)
we work and test hard the 1.8

very massive update...
I swear to god you guys are trolling us on purpose at this point lol.
spuduk3

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by spuduk3 »

i have never personally asked for for a release date, the closet to asking was a rather sarcastic possible christmas release date, they soon deleted this question from facebook.
i can understand that they have their own lives and jobs, but to drag this on for 4 months is a joke, if this update is not released soon i think the mod will die quicker then a thai hooker will go down on you, so come devs instead of giving us look what you can have but not for months , give us proper info and updates
Zidane9Z

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Zidane9Z »

spuduk3 wrote:i have never personally asked for for a release date, the closet to asking was a rather sarcastic possible christmas release date, they soon deleted this question from facebook.
i can understand that they have their own lives and jobs, but to drag this on for 4 months is a joke, if this update is not released soon i think the mod will die quicker then a thai hooker will go down on you, so come devs instead of giving us look what you can have but not for months , give us proper info and updates
Exactly my thoughts, if this patch doesn't get released in the upcoming days, people will move on and might never return back to this mod and that is not what anyone wants. It seems like the devs do not realize that by not communicating with us properly, they're killing the mod themselves. It has been now 228 days since 1.7.9.5 or almost 9 months since the last patch and that is an insanely long time. (yeah we've had few small ones after that like ability to choose if you get humanity from killing ai but nothing major)

As i said previously, we will keep playing this mod IF we have a supportive dev team that communicates with us, and is honest with us and do not make us wait for ever with "false promises" (posting upcoming patch teasers 4 months before release). But at this moment, it's REALLY hard even for the most tryhard origins fan.
spuduk3

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by spuduk3 »

i dont think it will be released in the upcoming days, im more thinking the earliest mid sept if we are lucky. if there are to any further updates after this one they need to learn from the mistakes they have made with all the coming soon and teasing us since may.
i will keep playing origins like you but i will egt eventually get tired of waiting. they need to interact with us a lot more, in their own words they have been final testing since june 22nd, it would be nice for them to explain why it is taking so long, aprt fron the its a massive update, a lot of stuff has had to be re-written from the start,think this excuse has been used many times now just be honest with us even if it is bad news
Hannibal

UPDATE on 1.8 status?

Post by Hannibal »

I do not care for the delay already returned rust play to pass the time ..
My stronghold is there ..... waiting for the pacth...
I just really wanted a weekly feedback :?: does not think it's asking too much