What are the first things you go after?

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Ok, so if you were starting out new but with the knowledge you already have... what would be your first steps?

Ill list mine here but Im just interested to find out how others would or have started their origins career:

1. Find back pack at residential areas around Etanovsk (including some food and drink)
2. Gather vehicle parts at a nearby Industrial park
3. Get vehicle and then go to Military barracks
4. Find weapon and head to a port city
5. Find some materials for building a house
6. Find lvl 1 house designs at residential area
7. Go and mine some rocks at Byelov mine, get some wood and build my foundations
8. Build lvl 1 House
9. Go and get bigger guns at Martins barracks
10. Build a garage and find a safe a Bank in Sabina

Any major differences to the above? I know it can depend on what your starting equipment is and how well you know the game and whether you need a map or not.

Lets discuss!
QuickTrueno

Post by QuickTrueno »

spawn in most pvp city of the server usually byelov.
get to level two. atleast level one bandit./get any rifle. you do not need "good guns" to defend yourself.
gather info about players in the server/ find location to build a base / steal a car or heli whichever comes first
build level one house
find a sniper and go to sector b.
build everything else/kill everyone
gg :twisted:
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Hardly a discussion :(
Chesterfield

Post by Chesterfield »

1. Get Jerry Can
2. Find Boat
3. Drive far away from any near spawn location
4. Survive :ugeek:
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Nice Chesterfield - I take it you like to play lone wolf and avoid any PvP?
andex

Post by andex »

OK, im bored, let's see if i can get this together.

There are so many different ways to do this.
Let's skip PVE, and look at heavily populated PVP servers.
For me it's all about getting some basic storage ASAP.

Solo:
  • o Spawn in, get toolbox, etool, battery and a bagpack, go to Sabina bank and log out.
    o Log in right after restart - take safe - place at secured location -> you are set
    o If there is no safe, get a jerry can and some low-weight-high-value-loot (ammo etc.), run to the coast, find a boat, drive to trader and buy a safe.
Group:
  • o Spawn at three different locations: Byelov, Mitro and Kameni - rush to the airports to check for planes
    o Locate a plane, all others kill themselves and join the guy with the plane
    o Fly around the map and check for available baselocations (the good spots are limited)
    o All drop down at martin, get some guns
    o With a decent gun for everybody go north to dalno, check for spawned cars and boats on the way
    o Loot and repair a car at dalno and start looting industrial for the houses
    o Now its time to go for the rocks
A boat is the best solution imo. Max. two people drive the boat to Morana (the mine on the small island) to get as many rocks as possible and drive them back to the team in Dalno or directly to the chosen base location to meet up there.
Yes, thats a long way and its boring but the rocks are usually the critical issue.
You can aswell rambo to Byelov with all the loot, or get rocks first then go for industrial, or hide your industrial while getting rocks or the teammembers killed in
action respawn at Byelov and bring a bagpack full of rocks etc. etc. But via boat to small island has the highest success rate.
  • o Meetup, drive to base, place the first foundations and repeat
- at Martin and Dalno, one guy loots, everybody else protects the area, with an experienced team you should be able to secure the loot
- build hero houses, its faster, lvl2 will be all bandit anyways
- stay away from spawnfights
- avoid the roads
- stay together, stay safe, focus on buildings, ye, its boring, nobody likes basebuilding, everybody wants to fight, get it done asap
- you should be able to get all lvl1 houses and maybe 1-2 garages within the first few restarts
  • o When you got all lvl1 houses, go get more and better guns at Martin, get a chopper, clear sector every restart. Sector loot > everything.
Even if you get ambushed a few times and lose some vehicles full of loot and fail a few sector attempts, an active team should be able to get everybody a lvl1 house, garage, some repairstuff and tons of big weapons within the first few days.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Low weight - high value loot? Which are these then?
etool? How would you get one so early? Im assuming that this is the drop from mayor at Sector B to unlock things?

Really love the reply Andrex, gives me plenty of ideas and some tactics for group playing.

Thanks
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

He means stuff like ammo that you can carry alot of without the weight penalty. Ammo is also one of the best things to trade. Save those TT mags ;)
andex

Post by andex »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote: etool? How would you get one so early? Im assuming that this is the drop from mayor at Sector B to unlock things?
:mrgreen:
I was talking about the famous entrenching tool. you can find it at all indurstrial and military loot spots, high spawn rate, easy to find. you need it to place your safe.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Ahhh, I though5t you meaqnt elisc tool? yeah, entrenching tool - fair enough :P