Sector B Loot Overpowered

General discussion about the Mod.
QuickTrueno

Post by QuickTrueno »

Yes, you do get more from sector b loot than any other place. However, let’s use the mansion for example, you cannot fully build it without doing sector b a lot of times. I did sector b just to gather the cinder blocks and it still took a lot of runs. Also, if I remember correctly, one sector b run will only give you 10 fully built fences, trading everything for the walls. I fail to see how the sector b loot is overpowered.

Sector B, as it is right now, is EASILY doable by two players. Even if you bring more people, it’s just a waste because only two players need to clear sector b. That doesn’t mean sector b loot is overpowered. It just shows that we need a new sector B. According to the update teases, the dev team will have more frequent minor changes to the mod with the 1.8 update, which should allow them to deal with balances like sector b difficulty.

1.8 is around the corner, according to the devs. Sector b will most likely change, as usual. Discussing the balance of this sector b so late is not really gonna help so I'll see you guys in 1.8
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

And this new sector a may be the balance. A place thats a bit easier to clear for new players, small groups and lone wolfs. If thats the case sector b will probably be much more difficult.
andex

Post by andex »

ishootpaint wrote: Sector b can be solo'd by anyone. All it is, is a brutal memory game. Once you have it memorized the biggest problem is other players attacking you once they see you have killed most the bots and stealing the fruits of your labor from you.
painful memories :cry:
Vyl

Post by Vyl »

ishootpaint wrote:Sector b can be solo'd by anyone. All it is, is a brutal memory game. Once you have it memorized the biggest problem is other players attacking you once they see you have killed most the bots and stealing the fruits of your labor from you.
Exactly, once you know the positions of the AI you can complete Sector with ease, fill up a chopper with all the loot and trade for what ever building supplies you need. Rinse and repeat. Making it very easy to accumulate excess wealth.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

That is once you know what you are doing as far as knowing where the AI are. To get to that point you will have to fail over and over losing good guns and ammo each time. So by the time you can clear it consistently you need to clear it a few times just to make up for lost gear while learning. To get to the point where its as easy as you make it seem you have invested alot of time and the rewards reflect that.
Vyl

Post by Vyl »

or just watch a clear video on youtube and learn the positions that way..
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Ive watched some of those videos and the headshots they make are ridiculous! Is there a specific number of AI at Sector B or can it differ? Id be annoyed if I thought id cleared it all, walk in to get the loot and get picked off by one last lone guard.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Vyl wrote:or just watch a clear video on youtube and learn the positions that way..
This will work to an extent assuming the video you watched has the same server settings for sector b. You would still have to watch it over and over until you memorize it and if there is random m2s you will only know some of the locations.

Also you need to be able to handle reinforcement waves solo and know what directions they randomly come from. Another random server setting is to block some of the holes in the fence so that hole you watch them enter through could be blocked and you would need to find another video of them clear it from that direction.

The whole point is it takes alot of effort no matter what method you use and some are easier than others. Im not gonna watch a bunch of videos or die alot for nerfed loot. Or maybe you play on a server that has it set to all easy with no random factors, then i would agree that it is too easy. But thats the server owner making it OP not origins mod itself.
Vyl

Post by Vyl »

ishootpaint wrote:
Vyl wrote:or just watch a clear video on youtube and learn the positions that way..
This will work to an extent assuming the video you watched has the same server settings for sector b. You would still have to watch it over and over until you memorize it and if there is random m2s you will only know some of the locations.

Also you need to be able to handle reinforcement waves solo and know what directions they randomly come from. Another random server setting is to block some of the holes in the fence so that hole you watch them enter through could be blocked and you would need to find another video of them clear it from that direction.

The whole point is it takes alot of effort no matter what method you use and some are easier than others. Im not gonna watch a bunch of videos or die alot for nerfed loot. Or maybe you play on a server that has it set to all easy with no random factors, then i would agree that it is too easy. But thats the server owner making it OP not origins mod itself.
It actually doesn't require much effort at all. Sector B is really easy to complete even for new players like myself and no the server I play on doesn't have it set to all easy either. Half the holes are blocked which means sometimes you have take it from a different direction but that's not really that big of a deal at all if you know where all the AI are. In fact I just completed ector B the other night solo, both urals, without getting killed once - and like I said I'm a new player who has only been out there half a dozen times. Sector B is a piece of cake and the loot is OP.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Well go play epoch where good loot is harder to get............. lol. At the end of the day origins is the most balanced mod and if you find sector b easy good for you and you deserve to get all the good loot from there. What server do you play on BTW.

And to better the mod what suggestions do you have to make it harder or what loot would you take out of the urals? Lets turn this thread into something with some good ideas.