Sector B Loot Overpowered

General discussion about the Mod.
Vyl

Post by Vyl »

I feel there is too much loot to be gained from Sector B. All it takes is a few successful completions of Sector B and you can go to the trader and exchange everything in the urals for whatever building supplies you may need. Using this technique big groups can get a stronghold build in no time at all.

Just to make it clear I don't think the building supplies gained from Sector B are too much but all the guns and ammo that you can then exchange for building supplies.

I enjoy the difficulty of obtaining building supplies from looting and missions but I think doing Sector B just makes it too easy.

What does everyone think??
QuickTrueno

Post by QuickTrueno »

Yes, it makes it easier to build a stronghold. However, It takes a lot of sector b runs to complete the mansion or surround a mid size base with fully built fences. I think the problem you are seeing is how easy it is to build a stronghold, not the balance of the sector b loot.
I did sector b runs multiple times a day for almost a month. Yes, I have everything in the game but it took a lot of time to get it. I do agree that the stronghold needs to be revise though.
Vyl

Post by Vyl »

I only used the stronghold as an example, it applies to all buildable items though since you can simply exchange the Sector B loot for what ever specific building supply you need and gain A LOT of it.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

You need to remember that there are other players at other levels too - so this has to be balanced. For your average player who might struggle to get Sector B completed, there needs to be the extra reward for them to attempt Sector B.

If an average-good player completed Sector B once a month then there should be bloody good loot from it.

For those players who can waltz into Sector B and do it multiple times a day, then they should obviously try it with a Makarov PM :P

Balance is a key and perhaps update 1.8 will give those better players another challenge :)
Vyl

Post by Vyl »

My point is for the average player that can't do Sector B the difficulty of gaining building supplies is good but for the groups that can do Sector B it easy to gain lots of building supplies. So it's not that it should be balanced for the average player to make it easier, but balanced for the groups to make it harder for them.
tripiz

Post by tripiz »

Disable the Trader=Problem solved?
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

The Trader isnt really the problem; it allows solo players who cant team up and get tools/loot easily (including rare loot) to be able to get things they require to help them progress (at a cost of not getting the item on their own).

What the game mechanic needs to do, is recognise where players are playing as a team and then increase the difficulty of the AI ability, or amount of AI to balance it out - possibly?
tripiz

Post by tripiz »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:The Trader isnt really the problem; it allows solo players who cant team up and get tools/loot easily (including rare loot) to be able to get things they require to help them progress (at a cost of not getting the item on their own).
So you get for almost no effort good stuff? Great desgin. IMHO you should work/play for the rare stuff and not just be able to trade it.

IMHO2 Sector was never meant to be done by a solo Player and it should not be possible (except for some crazy dudes out there). ATM the effort/loot doing Sector is total broken, especially with the trader. :arrow: Crossing fingers for 1.8.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

I guess the issue here is that the servers arent generally populated enough for 'teams' to get together and complete sector B. How can a lone player actually get some better loot if they cannot go to Sector B and joining up with a team. By having the option of trading nearly all (high amounts) of your loot for a key item - it allows even the solo players the chance to fortify themselves to a certain degree. I dont think it is right that 'teams' should benefit - all lone players should have the option of progressing and locking their choppers or building a base.

There are a couple of lone players on our server who are good players but cnat spend 1-2hrs doing sector B - but if they amass 10+hrs of loot over a few months, surely that is acceptable to trade all that for a decent item.

Anyway, that is just my opinion - there needs to be balance
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Sector b can be solo'd by anyone. All it is, is a brutal memory game. Once you have it memorized the biggest problem is other players attacking you once they see you have killed most the bots and stealing the fruits of your labor from you.