Ok, so you have everything you need...

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

So what else do you do when you get online?

I am one of the lucky ones where I still have much to achieve but I was wondering this whilst staring at my screen at work today; distracted from writing an assessment based on Financial risks and thought to myself, what happens when I complete Sector B and have my lvl 4 Mansion? What will drive me to log in each day and continue my intimate relationship with Dayz Origins?

So to all those self proclaimed experts out there and of course the 'others'... what do you tend to do now you have practically everything you wanted in Dayz Origins?
QuickTrueno

Post by QuickTrueno »

Nothing. At the beginning, it was pvp but, after awhile , it is not enough to make me log in. The only thing that keeps me around are my friends and the hope that the next update will be awesome, which it usually is. However, it took me a really long time to finally reach the point where I have explored everywhere and obtained everything, so you might not be nowhere near that point. (I haven't found the secret pyramid blueprint but is basically impossible without more information) With the addition of new areas and new ... stuff :shock: ..., I will definitely come back to play everyday. :twisted:
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Pvp. And i do enjoy helping new players.
andex

Post by andex »

PVP

The long term basebuilding and surviving with friend got me hooked.
Exploring everything, building everything, learning the map and all the endless possibilities kept me entertained for some months.
But the reason i play this for years is pvp. This is not a zombie-survival-game, its more like an open world team pvp game with basebuilding.
The tension of playing on a full server is just great. You will meet hostile players everyday, but you never know when or where. Whatever you are planning to do with your friends that day, you know there will be unpredictable events happening and you have to deal with that.
Big fights with other groups, win everything or lose everything.
Hunting. 4 guys in a silent littlebird flying over the map looking for farming players.
Base ambush. You see that a team is clearing sector, wait at their base, kill em all, steal everything. And the counterpart, you just finished sector and you know there will be people waiting for you, you need a really good tactic to safe that loot.
On a full server you will lose tons of gear and you will sometimes struggle to get things. This makes your gear really valuable and the gameplay kinda emotional because you care.
Losing a lot really hurts and achieving something big is really satisfying.
And bandit humanity...damn, that shit is addicive. The first time people get that black suit they fall in love. everytime.

I could go on for hours... :mrgreen:

PVE is just the tip of the iceberg. The dynamic of gameplay on a full server and the fun and opportunities it provides to a pvp-oriented group is unbeatable.
I dont know any other game or mod that does this.
Thats why my unhealthy amount of hours in this game keeps growing.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

I can see the addiction to PvP if you are good at it, possibly not so gratifying if you only achieve a 10% success rate in PvP and end up losing all this (valuable loot) as you called it.

I dont mind the odd PvP but I'll be honest, if it isn't Unreal Tournament, CS:GO or even World of Warcraft (where I got to a competitive level in PvP) then I dont think I would enjoy the constant hounding of bandits/gankers. There is PvP when you are all trying for the same loot or objective and to me that is fine, but then there is a point where camping at someone's base (known as Camping) can be a little selfish and cowardly to some extent - but this is just my opinion; not law or fact.

I am currently enjoying scavanging from downed choppers and if I stumbled across another player also wanting the same loot and they shot me - fair play I would have no issues whatsoever. If though, a player had waited by the chopper for an extended amount of time just to kill someone then that is kind of lame (not to the extent of camping someones base though). I wouldnt have too much of an issue but I'd be annoyed myself haha

But PvP does seems a major part of the game for a lot of players so I am glad people do get enjoyment out of it - I just hope most players play with some respect for others and its not all about the thrill of ruining someone elses game - hopefully more for the thrill of a kill.
foppe96

Post by foppe96 »

I understand your opinion. There are more, who dont want to play pvp, but i dont think that getting killed ruin the game, because you need to watch the envirioment all the time. Thought about the guy in 300 meters like: can i trust him? if not can i kill him or avoid him? did he see me? could he help me? Right this part of the game could make more fun then looting or doing sec b etc
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

I have no issue with PvP or PvP players - and as you say, it makes things exciting and provides another dynamic to the game - I have an issue with the abuse of it where people purposely aim to ruin a players game.

It can be fun trying to navigate/spy on people or avoid them :P