How is Origins?

General discussion about the Mod.
Multiplay | inMotion Invoker

How is Origins?

Post by Multiplay | inMotion Invoker »

Hello guys, just wondered how Origins is now compared to about 1.5 years ago xD. Just mostly after any major changes apart from the new Island, I doubt anyone me or [EXE] knew still hang around but if you do just send me a /wave :)
ishootpaint

How is Origins?

Post by ishootpaint »

Its much better than it was even 2 patches ago. Theres been alot of changes, too many to name off the top of my head. But there is new vehicles and you can lock vehicles now. New guns and tools. New buildings you can build. A trader and AI missions. Not sure what patch was from 1.5 years ago as the years seem to blend together as i get older but tell me if i mentioned anything that was in said last patch you played.

The biggest thing that hasn't changed is people are still dicks :|
Zidane9Z

How is Origins?

Post by Zidane9Z »

Origins has been pretty much dead for the past 6 months as everyone has stopped playing as they're waiting for 1.8 to come out.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

How is Origins?

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

There are a number of new players still coming to Origins, but as Zidane has said, the seasoned players seem to be online very infrequently until I assume 1.8 comes out.

Its a good time to familiarise yourself with the latest Origins content as some players are quite happy to help you at the moment, rather than to mow you down with an AKM as soon as you make yourself visible.

As a new player myself, I have found the admins extremely helpful and the general players are friendly (I am not too sure about this guy called ishootpaint though - seems like a troublemaker!).
ishootpaint

How is Origins?

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote: (I am not too sure about this guy called ishootpaint though - seems like a troublemaker!).
Im not a trouble maker. Trouble just seems to find me :mrgreen:
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

How is Origins?

Trouble definitely follows you haha

I would however state that you search for it where you can find it :)
ishootpaint

How is Origins?

Post by ishootpaint »

And im pretty good at finding it lol. It keeps things interesting.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

How is Origins?

Returning to the original question of'What is origins like?' - I wasnt playing this 1.5 years ago but the amount of variety in playing styles, goals and aims for players is very good. I like to play in a PvP environment with a little fear that I can die if I am too open about where I am and what I am doing but I dont want constant hassle from players.

I also like to collect/hoarde items and due to the amount of weapons/building mats and items allows me to feed my addiction - its great!

The community (those who are still active) seem great too, only the odd fallout from the servers I have played on.
Multiplay | inMotion Invoker

How is Origins?

Post by Multiplay | inMotion Invoker »

Haha thanks for all the replies. Look's like [EXE] may return to play Origins now and then, enjoying 1.8 already ^_^
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

How is Origins?

Good to see you returning :)

Hoping more players will too, servers have been quiet for too long :(