1.8 first impression

General discussion about the Mod.
ishootpaint

1.8 first impression

Post by ishootpaint »

It has been pretty difficult for my group as well especially playing on a full 60 slot server. My biggest hang up is shaking off my old habbits on how i do stuff and what my priorities should be. Honestly i enjoy things being more difficult but i know i am probably in the minority.

It will probably wont happen but it would be nice if there was a server setting to play "classic" mode where it isnt near as complex for people who prefer a more simple experience and people who only care about the pvp side of things.
QuickTrueno

1.8 first impression

Post by QuickTrueno »

ishootpaint wrote:Wow, have things changed. My server was wiped so i started fresh as soon as the server was up. The first thing i noticed was zombies seem to spawn differently now(can somone confirm this). Headed twords yaroslav with a friend, loot seems to be much more sparse. Noticed another player so i ambused him with my trusty smg i just found. It turned out not to be that trusty as i lost the fight and died. Im pretty confident to say that was the very first gunfight of 1.8 as the server had only been up for 10 or 15 minutes with only a few players logged on. So i may have been the first person to die in 1.8 lol.

Started fresh again and went exploring the new area added and found alot of new tools and items. By this time the server was almost full and there were gunshots ringing out from every town. I was hungry, thirsty, poorly armed and wondering if i was sick from using cloth to bandage without disinfectant..... and i kinda liked that desperate feeling i havent felt since the original dayz from years ago.

This update will change the dynamic of how the game is played. May be for the better or for the worse, only time will tell now.

Stay alive and warm my friends.
int was up first and dennis was the first to die by a player. RIP dennis2015
ishootpaint

1.8 first impression

Post by ishootpaint »

QuickTrueno wrote:
ishootpaint wrote:Wow, have things changed. My server was wiped so i started fresh as soon as the server was up. The first thing i noticed was zombies seem to spawn differently now(can somone confirm this). Headed twords yaroslav with a friend, loot seems to be much more sparse. Noticed another player so i ambused him with my trusty smg i just found. It turned out not to be that trusty as i lost the fight and died. Im pretty confident to say that was the very first gunfight of 1.8 as the server had only been up for 10 or 15 minutes with only a few players logged on. So i may have been the first person to die in 1.8 lol.

Started fresh again and went exploring the new area added and found alot of new tools and items. By this time the server was almost full and there were gunshots ringing out from every town. I was hungry, thirsty, poorly armed and wondering if i was sick from using cloth to bandage without disinfectant..... and i kinda liked that desperate feeling i havent felt since the original dayz from years ago.

This update will change the dynamic of how the game is played. May be for the better or for the worse, only time will tell now.

Stay alive and warm my friends.
int was up first and dennis was the first to die by a player. RIP dennis2015
Lol, and i thought i was special lol.
=(eGO)=GoldenPSP

1.8 first impression

Post by =(eGO)=GoldenPSP »

ishootpaint wrote:It has been pretty difficult for my group as well especially playing on a full 60 slot server. My biggest hang up is shaking off my old habbits on how i do stuff and what my priorities should be. Honestly i enjoy things being more difficult but i know i am probably in the minority.

It will probably wont happen but it would be nice if there was a server setting to play "classic" mode where it isnt near as complex for people who prefer a more simple experience and people who only care about the pvp side of things.

I will throw myself into this ring. IMO I find there is a fine line between "Difficult" and "challenging" and tedious.

I like the more complicated aspects of repairing vehicles. I'm not gonna talk on medical as I haven't even read those books yet.

So having to find more specific parts to fix up vehicles. A bit of challenging and tedious.

Having to deconstruct parts to learn how to better fix parts? Challenging

Having to find 17 different books, hiding behind basically several levels of RNG, super tedious.

Overall I do like what they were trying to do with these updates. I am not at all happy with how they decided to implement it.

I enjoy having to learn by doing. I'm not enjoying having to learn by farming. At the very least I would prefer fewer books to collect. I would also prefer that the books drop as the actual books. As it stands now if I skim a pile of books and RNG rolls a book I've already read, I dont get another copy it just goes poof. If you found actual books they would help facilitate better teamwork, as you can collect those books you don't need for others. Also it would make these books a form of currency that could facilitate a player to player trade economy.

I could go on and on, but the basic thing is I find most of the changes to be mostly just tedious.
Bammer-D

1.8 first impression

Post by Bammer-D »

Sector B first impressions -

-M2s are more challenging to kill which is fine, but they are still OP. I love how they can magically see through trees still. Another player was in the village and got shot through a wall by an M2.

-Having to find the mayor to get the loot is cool, but loot should be a little better. How about a chance of the harder to find books, anti-virus, Dr. Ivan anti-virus and good parts? Not junk wheels, main rotors and engines. Found plenty of that farming industrials.

-I didn't check to see if the Hueys need fixing up because it was almost 4:30 in the morning and we were all tired, but if those don't spawn flyable they need to, especially with having to learn the skills to repair a heli to flyable condition. I've discovered even if I put a green part (such as an engine) on a heli, the engine stays bad. Maybe include that as an option for admins in Origins Guard to have the Hueys spawn 100% repaired or broken OR random (but still flyable) damage.

-Origins Guard doesn't seem to be working when settings are changed. The server owner said that waves were on at Sector B, but there was no siren and no waves.

-Why change the Hotel into a construction site?
Midnightsfire

1.8 first impression

Post by Midnightsfire »

Midnightsfire wrote:...
But may be I play just to long this game and I should finally quit. I'll think about it the next days.

That were just my two cents to the first impressions
So I decided to quit Origins. I give away now the following days/weeks my stuff at the server I play and then it is done.
I got a lot of feedback from friends and other players also I read a lot in Forums and saw a lot of comments from streamers and YT-LPs. I guess 75% hating this update most of them already leave or will leaving the following days.
But how always the developer give a sh** about the community they done it since 3 years the community is killed step by step... :evil: okay doesn't matter sorry guys I'm just dissapointed and angry about this topics.

So bye bye from my side
We'll shoot us in other games. :mrgreen:

Regards
Midnightsfire
=(eGO)=GoldenPSP

1.8 first impression

Post by =(eGO)=GoldenPSP »

Ya know there is a forum for that. Hint, its not called the English forum...
andex

1.8 first impression

Post by andex »

You really should stick to english if you want to post in this section, there is a german forum for this.
Why do you even type it if people cant read it?

Then again i totally agree with you.

This happens in every game. Whenever there is a patch with huge gameplay changes, people will complain and cry about how the game is ruined now.
People will try something a few times, cant figure it out and report it as a bug, because its "broken".
People will stick to their old habits, wont succeed with that and quit the game because its no fun anymore.
klosiklosi wrote: Aber einfacher ist es ja Neues gleich abzuwerten und nach Altem zu fordern.
yup, thats it.
Give it a few weeks and the whine will stop. Some people will leave, but the ones who face the challenge will learn how things work now.

To be fair, origins was never really beginner friendly and now its even harder.
There are some tasks that are impossible to accomplish within a few days, the new skill system is a real longterm challenge. it doesnt matter how good you are, you cant rush it.
And i like that.

The first day i was totally lost. I couldnt find the stuff i needed, i couldnt repair verhicles, i didnt understand what was going on. i learned so much about this game in the last few years and now a big part of that knowledge is outdated, wrong and useless.
But everyday i learn something new and im getting better at dealing with the new conditions.
So much to relearn, so much to explore, so much to understand! We need totally new strats to get stuff done,
and i really enjoy that.

My first impression is entirely positive. 1.8 is great!
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

1.8 first impression

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

andex wrote: My first impression is entirely positive. 1.8 is great!
Someone with the same feelings as me... happy dayz!
ishootpaint

1.8 first impression

Post by ishootpaint »

klosiklosi wrote:Nun muss ich mich ja auch mal äußern.

Wie ich das schon vor Wochen gewusst habe. Erst schreien/flamen alle rum weil das Update so lange braucht und nun wird groß geheult wie scheiße das ja angeblich ist. Ihr seid doch echt nicht mehr normal im Kopf. Weil man nun nicht mehr alles in den Arsch gestopft und hinterher geschmissen bekommt hört ihr mit Origins auf? Na dann bye bye. Reisende soll man nicht aufhalten. Und es wird über jeden kleinen scheiß Bug rumgeheult und geflamed. Was erwartet ihr wenn die mit so einem Druck einen Patch rausdrücken müssen?
Midnightsfire wrote: a lot of comments from streamers and YT-LPs
Na das die rumheulen ist doch völlig klar. Nun kann man seine Folgen nicht mehr täglich raushauen weil man halt nicht mehr in 2, 3 Tagen alles haben kann und Action zeigen kann. Auweia die armen Pseudo-Youtube-Stars.

Wenn dieses Verhalten welches hier an den Tag gelegt wird nicht so traurig wäre könnt ich vor lachen Nachts gar nicht mehr schlafen.

Es gibt zum Glück massig Leute die den Patch gut finden sich aber leider hier nicht zu Wort melden weil sie es gar nicht für nötig halten.

Viel Spaß beim Übersetzen an alle die der deutschen Sprache nicht mächtig sind, Zeit habt ihr jetzt ja genug da ihr Origins ja den Rücken kehrt xD!

@ Devs: Macht weiter so der Patch ist Top. Ich habe mich Gestern mal ein wenig mit dem Medicbaum beschäftigt und wenn man sich einfach nur mal darauf einlässt und damit auseinander setzt ist das ganze doch gar nicht so schwer. Aber einfacher ist es ja Neues gleich abzuwerten und nach Altem zu fordern. Kommt einem vor wie mit alten verbitterten Rentnern und um die müsst ihr euch sicher nicht scheren , die spielen von Natur aus nicht mehr lange xD.
Exactly! Everyone in this section of the forum(english) knows exactly what you said and couldnt agree more. Google translator..... use it.

And for your posts that are in english(terrible english might i add) that have no substance or contribution to the community, i say we add a new section to the forum and we can call it the kids table. Because you are either 12 or 18 with a mental disability.