Progress on Skills impossible?

General discussion about the Mod.
ShowNoMercy

Post by ShowNoMercy »

Is it possible to raise your skills atm?

I fixed like 10 cars today, but the progress-bars is still like it was after reading the first book?

Is there any "secret" or does it just take a million processes to go up?
Bammer-D

Post by Bammer-D »

Ditto. I put 10 scrap on a car and the body went from being good (yellow) to satisfactory (orange). I have read the first 3 mechanics books, changed some tires, installed windscreen, installed engines and fuel tanks and fixed bodies and still no progression.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Any specific places for these books or can they be found anywhere?
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

You have to find books for the parts. Ive been disassembling engines to learn how to fix them better from the car and truck engine book. Books can be found pretty easily in the large 2 story schools that have a indoor basketball court. You dont get better by putting parts on vehicles as far as i know.
QuickTrueno

Post by QuickTrueno »

FYI, You can not spam the progress bar. Let me explain it.
Lets say you are "researching" the medic skill tree and you are working on cloths. You need to wait an X amount of time between each cloth use for the progress bar to grow. If you use a cloth right after another, you will only get credit for using the first cloth. This is to prevent boosting.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

QuickTrueno wrote:FYI, You can not spam the progress bar. Let me explain it.
Lets say you are "researching" the medic skill tree and you are working on cloths. You need to wait an X amount of time between each cloth use for the progress bar to grow. If you use a cloth right after another, you will only get credit for using the first cloth. This is to prevent boosting.
Good to know. Were you in alexandria lastnight by any chance. Saw tracers come up from the river when it said your guy killed you with the rhib boat lol.
QuickTrueno

Post by QuickTrueno »

ishootpaint wrote:
Good to know. Were you in alexandria lastnight by any chance. Saw tracers come up from the river when it said your guy killed you with the rhib boat lol.
were you a survivor in alex? i had no blood and only saw a ghost run by the street. tried to take a shot but failed. yes thats where i died
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

I was across the river but had two of my guys in alex. They heard you shoot and hid while i camped the bridge in case who ever it was (you lol) tried to cross.
tripiz

Post by tripiz »

Are you 100% sure about that? I am doing mechanic, repaired ~ 70 Windscreenglasses in < 30 Minutes until i got the green check Icon.
QuickTrueno

Post by QuickTrueno »

tripiz wrote:
Are you 100% sure about that? I am doing mechanic, repaired ~ 70 Windscreenglasses in < 30 Minutes until i got the green check Icon.
This is what i was told during testing and I have not notice a change. Maybe It's bug right now?