Maybe Devs can answer this :)

General discussion about the Mod.
Gebo

Post by Gebo »

Hey,

first off all I want to say I like the new patch in general.
Even the ideas behind the skill-system are awesome and I am a fan of slowing down the players progress...
BUT there are some questions I have about the skill- and loot-system. Maybe a Dev can answer this.

1) Skill-progress extremly slow

-Is it intended that you need to fix about 100wheels, glases and so on just to be able to read the 2.1-book? I am stuck at 1.3 which unlocks all 5 slots (engine, scrap, glas, fuel,wheel)... I fixed about 20 wheels now and since i found the "wheel-book" (green one) I destroyed about 30 wheels to gain parts for research. The result is that i finished only 1 of 5 parts in the wheel-section but gained a lot of stuff i dont need (e.g. wheel rim which does not appear in my research-section). All in all it took me about 20hours of looting and I dont feel any progress... slowing down is still fine, but this is too much in my opinion.

- Same with medic... bandaged myself with cloth about 30-50 times and the green dot at the medic-skill doubled and is a little little bar now... if the bar has to reach the top of the picture I think I have to bandage myself about 1000 times... intended? OR do I miss anything and do it wrong (I DO NOT bandage myself 10times in a row or sth like that...)

2) Loot-System

- I did not find any possibility to loot a spot (which was good to loot in 1.9.7.5 e.g. Dalno-Harbour) in a cycle without leaving it up to 1000meters and waiting. If I do it like we ever did in earlier patches there is no new loot spawning. I think I need tripple time to find the stuff. Minimum.

- Is there any chance you can show us a loot-table of the buildings or sth like that. Some things seem clear to me. Cement spawns a lot in building sites. Heli stuff at airports... But I cant find any reinforcing mats or even extremly rare in building sites as well.

klosiklosi

Post by klosiklosi »

LOL 3/10
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

As far as I can tell not a lot has changed. Ive found many reinforced mats at industrial sites and harbours. Screws and rare mats are in novistrana. I have noticed that the loot spawns take longer to respawn.

Truck parts can be found in the new buildings around the industrial areas and normal car parts are in the same places as before.

Hope that helps.
Cursori

Post by Cursori »

Not having any issues with loot cycling. I just make a big loop (Maybe 400m around) and its all respawned by the time I get there.
sterchen

Post by sterchen »

I agree fully with "Gebo" and his post. The lootspawn is not costumized to the new quality of the game.
Also the loot in Sector are quiet bad. No electrical circuits, no books, no high loot. Only things you can get also in the normal way. Maybe it must be fixed like the last patch.