Make Bots lootable again

General discussion about the Mod.
el maestro RIPSkins.net

Make Bots lootable again

Post by el maestro RIPSkins.net »

Hello,

I remember the Day when the Origins Devs decided to make bots not lootable. Back in the day the reason for that was mostly the overpowered loot on sector B i think. Nowadays when Sector B got rebalanced in loot etc I think Bots should really be lootable again. Or at least give the decision to the server admins so they can decide in Originsguard to make Bots lootable or not. I personally dont like when I make a mission with friends and there are dead bodies of bots with just nothing. It's stupid and unrealistic . With the new update Origins goes into a really realistic direction, don't you think so? :D
Namiriu

Make Bots lootable again

Post by Namiriu »

I agree with that,

That's completely logic that we can loot on Sector B Guard or Missions Guard, because this is human like us and have some stuff like us. So killed them and can loot them ( food, medic or ammo, etc ... ) can be rly cool !
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Make Bots lootable again

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Its a tough one. 80+ guards at Sector B (agreed not all are accessible to loot once dead) but would this unbalance the level of loot? Also, would you want to ahve to go to every guard to try and loot him... thats a lot of guards to loot. Time v Effort I guess.
Mission guards yes, I agree but then you get the mission rewards so again it needs balancing. Perhaps rather than having mission rewards the rewards the should be the loot from the guards i.e. they have screws or rare parts? It isnt a clear cut as you might think.
=(eGO)=GoldenPSP

Make Bots lootable again

Post by =(eGO)=GoldenPSP »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:Its a tough one. 80+ guards at Sector B (agreed not all are accessible to loot once dead) but would this unbalance the level of loot? Also, would you want to ahve to go to every guard to try and loot him... thats a lot of guards to loot. Time v Effort I guess.
Mission guards yes, I agree but then you get the mission rewards so again it needs balancing. Perhaps rather than having mission rewards the rewards the should be the loot from the guards i.e. they have screws or rare parts? It isnt a clear cut as you might think.
If IIRC, even back when the guards were lootable on Sec B it wasn't that bad because their corpses despawned fairly quickly. So if you wanted to loot them often you would have to run into danger as they would be gone before you cleared everything out.
el maestro RIPSkins.net

Make Bots lootable again

Post by el maestro RIPSkins.net »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:Its a tough one. 80+ guards at Sector B (agreed not all are accessible to loot once dead) but would this unbalance the level of loot? Also, would you want to ahve to go to every guard to try and loot him... thats a lot of guards to loot. Time v Effort I guess.

I dont't think that would unbalance anything. It's not meant to get 80 DMR's from 80 Bots out of Sector. Most of them have just normal weapons and are just there for reequip with ammunition etc.
Bammer-D

Make Bots lootable again

Post by Bammer-D »

I agree with this. Since the game is being made more "realistic" let's have the AI start dropping random loot when they are killed like pre-1.6 when they also dropped tool belt items.
SGTSADSACK

Make Bots lootable again

Post by SGTSADSACK »

It's done because once a server reaches say 70/70 the performance drops and taking out AI comes extremely easy as there reaction time can be up to 30 seconds, this can be abused to easily get high tier weapons from mission guard and KRK guards.
twilight.next

Make Bots lootable again

Post by twilight.next »

so like to kill bots wanna get some loot from them, but no pkm like pechineg with scope to kill everything with 800m zeroing lol like in old times.