Mecanic skill 1.1 is done, how i can full repair body ?

General discussion about the Mod.
tripiz

Post by tripiz »

Does anybody have an answer for this? I can't believe that you have to loot hundreds of items only to be able to repair a car to 30%-40%. Even if you use a complete green item, you can't fix a car to anything near 100%.
=(eGO)=GoldenPSP

Post by =(eGO)=GoldenPSP »

tripiz wrote:Does anybody have an answer for this? I can't believe that you have to loot hundreds of items only to be able to repair a car to 30%-40%. Even if you use a complete green item, you can't fix a car to anything near 100%.
Believe it. I have gotten through the 1.x and 2.x series and have read up to 3.1. I completed the vulcanization of rubber book as well and even when I put on a green tire it doesnt got to 100%
Seven

Post by Seven »

where did you find the book for the vulcanization?
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

All books can be found in the schools, town hall steps, library. The Ivan antidote book can be found in Ivans Lab.
bekador

Post by bekador »

Best place for books I have found is Sabina. My looting tour usually starts at the art museum for books ( the one with all the paintings), then through the mall next to it for food, down to the historic museum ( the one with vitrines) and the bank (books and safes) plus the building next to it (paintings of car again for books), then back over the bridge and starting again in the art museum. Not only have I found all regular books, but all "research" books there as well except "Dr. Ivan´s archives" which can be found in the lab.
XXKRYSTALXX

Post by XXKRYSTALXX »

There is a library in Sabina and an art gallery that spawns lots of books and also books can be found on the famous Doctor Ivan after you have killed him ;)
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Thanks for letting me know about books on Dr Ivan... ive been killing him but taking blood samples and forgetting to loot him as I hadnt got anything good from looting him recently.
XXKRYSTALXX

Post by XXKRYSTALXX »

Yeah its a pretty rare occurrence but it does happen, found 3 on him so far but getting his blood is a disaster for me -_-
theben_9t

Post by theben_9t »

Best place for books I have found is Sabina. My looting tour usually starts at the art museum for books ( the one with all the paintings), then through the mall next to it for food, down to the historic museum ( the one with vitrines) and the bank (books and safes) plus the building next to it (paintings of car again for books), then back over the bridge and starting again in the art museum. Not only have I found all regular books, but all "research" books there as well except "Dr. Ivan´s archives" which can be found in the lab.
The building on the other side of the art gallery the one with the limo next to it spawns books too(i guess it would be the Government press building) and yes the library spawns some too as well as the first floor of it
tripiz

Post by tripiz »

=(eGO)=GoldenPSP wrote:
tripiz wrote:Does anybody have an answer for this? I can't believe that you have to loot hundreds of items only to be able to repair a car to 30%-40%. Even if you use a complete green item, you can't fix a car to anything near 100%.
Believe it. I have gotten through the 1.x and 2.x series and have read up to 3.1. I completed the vulcanization of rubber book as well and even when I put on a green tire it doesnt got to 100%
If you have a mechanics toolkit in you inventory, you can fix a car/heli to 100% if you use full repaired parts. Without the toolkit you can only repair to ~70%