Loot Cycles

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Loot Cycles

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

So has 1.8 changed your loot habits? Have you moved from an old haunt to a new haunt?

I have kept my looting pattern the same but have seen an increased amount of players heading to Sabina since 1.8 was released - it appears to be the 'new' place to be.

I like Ekateringberg but had another player ruining my spawn cycle last night, oh well, he was friendly so I decided not to kill him :)

I now basically involve the following in my loot run...

Industrial buildings, police station, tank/lorry buildings, hospital, shop and then end my run in a shed.

You?
andex

Loot Cycles

Post by andex »

i dont really have any patterns or loot cycles and i think that the hotspots for looting are generally the same.

but tbh im struggeling to understand the new system for loot spawns.
it used to be kinda simple...

if you run away xx meters from the spawnpoint loot will disappear
if you sit in a car or log out for xx min loot will disappear

as soon as you are < xx meters away from the spot loot will start spawning
if you are < xx meters away from the spot you will block it

if you stay in the area between these two distances it will take xx min for all loot to spawn

I thought its still the same and they just changed some numbers, but i just cant figure it out yet.

Anybody knows?
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Loot Cycles

I have also tried the loot cycle and it seems similar to last time i.e go x amount of metres away or wait x minutes and loot will spawn. Only this time there are certain times this method hasnt worked and has thrown a spanner in the works i.e. one building contained 6 blueprints, I left the area for x metres and for x time. I returned to that very same building and it still had the 6 blueprints. I can confirm no other players were nearby so I am not sure exactly why they didnt change.

All very confusing.
3sec

Loot Cycles

Post by 3sec »

The pattern I used 1.5 years ago does not seem to work anymore. (Sitting in a car to despawn loot works.)

If I'm searching for industrial loot I just run up and down (Chernovar: north to south and vice versa) the hangars. Back then there was at least one object in each hangar, often each spot contained a bit of loot. Now I'm happy if I find at least one part in the whole round (6 hangars!). For me this feels kind of broken. I can't believe that this is intended. Also the fact that there is zero other stuff (drinks, some ammo, etc.) gives less room for semi-trash loot.

All in all I've added the townhall and the new tank/airplane factories to my paths. On the other hand I often don't go in the WIP industrial (the grey 4 story concrete building) since the loot there is crap and same goes for the little stores. I also don't check pubs or the church anymore. The new loot distribution makes these buildings very unattractive.
Darkflash_LP

Loot Cycles

Post by Darkflash_LP »

Hey 3sec, just a short question... did u played on an PVE Server called "HappyBlue" , 1.5 years ago??
Your name is telling me something but i dont know what
:( Maybe im right with my suggestion :)

Greetings Darkflash
MrMadness

Loot Cycles

Post by MrMadness »

the way it works for me is remove everything outside said building , dump outside then continue on your loot circle run then come back to that last then boom new loot
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Loot Cycles

MrMadness wrote:the way it works for me is remove everything outside said building , dump outside then continue on your loot circle run then come back to that last then boom new loot
A quicker and easier way is just to get in a car or the vehicle you arrived in. This despawns the loot and then in a few mins, new loot shoudl spawn in that area.
andex

Loot Cycles

Post by andex »

remove the loot and run away to restart the loot timer - still works

sit in a vehicle and wait for the loot to despawn - still works

pre 1.8 you could run away ~450m to make the loot disappear - that doesnt work anymore.
even if you run away like 1km - loot is still there
relog - still loot
ive tried some distances and it seems like i need to run away about 750m and relog - loot despawned

if there is no vehicle around, this seems to be the fastest way to get rid of the useless crap.

thats what ive learned about loot despawning, but what about loot spawning?

pre 1.8 there was a circle about 150-200m around the loot spot. Entering that circle starts the loot timer. It takes about 10min for all the loot to spawn. If you get too close (<50m) it will stop the loot timer and no more loot will spawn.

but now? i dont get it. Sometimes the old approach works perfectly fine, but the next time there is no loot at all.
Sometimes i can run straight to the loot spot and find a lot of stuff, sometimes i wait for minutes in the area and go the spot really slowly and there is nothing.
and ive seen loot spawn right next to me...

i am confused
3sec

Loot Cycles

Post by 3sec »

andex wrote:and ive seen loot spawn right next to me...
Same happend to me in the industrial hangar in a harbor. If we're still talking about the 3 "magic" circles you could explain it with a really small inner circle. So if you're in a larger building you might still be in the building, but out of the circle.

Sometimes waiting a bit helps to spawn more loot, sometimes even then the spots stay clear. The spawn mechanics act like the DayZ Mod system if you set the loot chance really low and work with a per loot pile instead of a per building system.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Loot Cycles

I was doing my usual loot cycle run last night and noticed that my usual wait time after I finished the cycle was shorter before loot was respawning... has anyone noticed a change recently?