Illnesses... have you had any?

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Ok, so I play for at least 2 hrs most nights and have seen endless people on my server saying that they are infected or dying. Their screens are going grey, they keep fainting etc.

What I am trying to find out is how these people are getting this as I am yet to come across it.

I know that eating bad food can cause stomach upsets, and being hit by a zombie can infect you. Rainy/Cold weather can make you ill, but what other things have happened to players and how have you recovered from it?
3sec

Post by 3sec »

We have had several illnesses and some seem to be very hard to cure. Blood infection for example needs a medicine that requires a medical sidequest skill. You can find the antibiotic blood bag and the injectors to cure Dr. Ivan and zombie virus in the lab in Sabina.

Best is to find a one time test kit and use it, to find out what medicine you need. But often it's just easier to respawn instead of finding the right medicine.
Active coal tablets seem to work for diarrhea very well. (You will know you have this when you hear the sound ;) )

It would break the immersion a bit but maybe a list of symptoms like in the wiki (https://wiki.originsmod.info/index.php? ... _%26_Cures) would be handy for new players. I don't know if you can tell whats the problem by the color of the blood drop next to your blood icon. This would be a lot easier.

(Btw: I had people reporting the problem with fainting even if they had no visual indicators of a illness or shaking. EDIT: and they weren't even close to their max weight)
andex

Post by andex »

Food Poisoning
happens alot. Raw meat, opened cans and lake water are not good for you.
even food that seems to be safe to eat can cause trouble.
Im not sure yet but BBQ meat and boiled water seems to be 100% safe.
Food poisoning will just burn away your food/drink and you have to stop to eat and drink all the time.
Active charcoal will fix this.
relativley easy to find in hospitals

Blood infection
you should get your bloodbag in a hospital or using sterile equipment
otherwise there is a very high chance of infection.
and i think getting shot can cause this too, but im not sure yet
you will get some vision effects, pass out and lose blood
you need a blood bag with anitibiotics (bottle)
you can craft them (somehow?) or find them in Ivans Lab

Cold
if your body temperature is low there is a constant chance of catching a cold.
warm up quickly if your temperature drops (fire,heatpack).
pre 1.8 it was just the water. swimming, standing still on a bridge or sitting in verhicles without heating on/above water.
now you also start feeling cold on mountains, at the shore, while camping etc.
you will cough and sneeze and pass out
yes, it can kill you, but way slower than poisoning or infection.
it is contagious. wear you masks.
cured by antibiotics (pills) [the real ones, not "20mg", wrong pic @ wiki]
relativley easy to find in hospitals

Zombie/Ivan Virus
dont know much bout this.
you can contract the virus by getting hit or cutting them
one zombie hit and you got the virus is not true, the % chance is kinda low (or im lucky)
cured by the antidotes
you can find them in Ivans Lab, you can learn to craft them
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

I have only gotten sick from being too cold. But in all fairness i knew it was going to happen swimming from kamini to novistrana.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Why the hell did you do that? A new base area? Ahh Kameni, my favourite place :)
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:Why the hell did you do that? A new base area? Ahh Kameni, my favourite place :)
Calculated risk. I found antibiotics in alexandria right before i stole the CFN clans rhib boat :mrgreen: So i would say it paid off.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Stole... sounds like some unsuspecting person got 'caught out'.