Massive player loss ... please adjust balance Skill-System

General discussion about the Mod.
Spy1

Post by Spy1 »

klosiklosi wrote: Before 1.8 we had round about 350 players at this time, now there are over 750!

Thise iss a Lie ,
in The summer of 2015 was over 1000 players onlien ( origins launscher)

So now we have 4 server the are most full , 2-3 server in list have 10-15 players and las 1-5 / 30 slot server.
Zidane9Z

Post by Zidane9Z »

I've played over 150h since 1.8 came out and i'm half way on the mechanic 1.1 tasks. I've repaired over 40 cars so far. I'm so tired of cars blowing up instantly when someone shoots at them, it should be much easier to learn the basic skills to at least repair the vehicle to 50%. Devs are you telling me that i should play for couple of months to have a vehicle that doesn't blow up instantly when someone shoots at with with a stanag rifle? No one has time for this. The skill progress is WAY TOO SLOW. LISTEN TO US.

Edit: called mechanic an engineer by accident.
Last edited by Zidane9Z on 08 Nov 2015 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
korbmeister

Post by korbmeister »

+1
Before the Update there were average over 30 players on our Server now there are like 3-4 because 95% on the server left Origins cause of the reasons mentioned above and in other threads. Please do something devs these are very easy changes for you which would have an big effect just let the server admins regulate the xp needed and everyone is happy there could be pvp and pve servers ... :roll:
'Erb Garden

Post by 'Erb Garden »

I think the new update has revolutionized the game. When it boils down to it, the Developers are the ones making this game, it's their final decision that shapes what we all play, and whether we survive easily, or have to grind and fight for survival. Exactly what DayZ is supposed to be.

Let's put this in to context:

Can anyone on this forum repair a Chopper single handedly in real life?

Can anyone on the forum carry two car engines in a backpack 8000m?

Can anyone perform a flawless blood transfusion having never done it before?!

Unlikely...

So with all of this being said, we do want entertainment from this game, which i don't at all think has been lost by this update. Granted, some work is required, an example being drop-rates on the tools now, as it's long enough gaining the skills without not being able to find a hammer for 8 hours... But the soul purpose of this Mod to me was to reward me and my crew with more than mindless PVP action. A mission, a purpose, and most importantly, a reason to be friendly to other players.

I would also like to point out that "The loss of players on servers" is the loss of people too set in their ways, give it time,they, like myself, will come back. I hadn't played since 1.6, and now upon my return i am absolutely fascinated with the level of detail and ideas put into play by the Devs (A big well done!).

Good luck out there everyone!
sterchen

Post by sterchen »

'Erb Garden wrote:Let's put this in to context:
This are not the theme. Please read the first post.
The new 1.8 OriginsMod are great now, this is my opinion too! Only the balance of the skill-system is a disaster for a big group of players, who havn't the time in life to loot and obstruct more than 1000 (!) pieces of engines, rotors, scrab, glasses and so on. These Players have tried it, become frustrated and are gone now.
I think we will see and talk in the next 3-4 month, how much old, new and constant players do it in Origins and how much servers will be rented and online.
I wish you much fun in Origins.
Greetings
3sec

Post by 3sec »

You're right, most people might not be able to repair a chopper/give a blood transfusion/...
(But most oft them can change tires!)

But that's not the point. Because this is a game, not real life. It should be possible to learn these skills in a reasonable time. We don't want to get rid oft the skill system. We only need a new balance or a Origins Guard option how much stuff you need.
SGTSADSACK

Post by SGTSADSACK »

'Erb Garden wrote:I think the new update has revolutionized the game. When it boils down to it, the Developers are the ones making this game, it's their final decision that shapes what we all play, and whether we survive easily, or have to grind and fight for survival. Exactly what DayZ is supposed to be.

Let's put this in to context:

Unlikely...

So with all of this being said, we do want entertainment from this game, which i don't at all think has been lost by this update. Granted, some work is required, an example being drop-rates on the tools now, as it's long enough gaining the skills without not being able to find a hammer for 8 hours... But the soul purpose of this Mod to me was to reward me and my crew with more than mindless PVP action. A mission, a purpose, and most importantly, a reason to be friendly to other players.

I would also like to point out that "The loss of players on servers" is the loss of people too set in their ways, give it time,they, like myself, will come back. I hadn't played since 1.6, and now upon my return i am absolutely fascinated with the level of detail and ideas put into play by the Devs (A big well done!).

This is a game for entertainment.. realism is only fun to a certain extent, the amount of cars my group has blown up with as little as a MAKAROV is ridiclious.
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

'Erb Garden wrote: Can anyone on this forum repair a Chopper single handedly in real life?

Is this supposed to be real life or a game? Do you always expect to put an equal amount of effort to achieve something in a game that you would need to put in in real life? What an absolutely ridiculous statement.
'Erb Garden wrote: So with all of this being said, we do want entertainment from this game, which i don't at all think has been lost by this update. Granted, some work is required, an example being drop-rates on the tools now, as it's long enough gaining the skills without not being able to find a hammer for 8 hours... But the soul purpose of this Mod to me was to reward me and my crew with more than mindless PVP action. A mission, a purpose, and most importantly, a reason to be friendly to other players.

If grinding in Ekaterinburg or Dalnogorsk for hundreds of wheels, windscreens, engines, fuel tanks and scrap is your idea of fun, then I guess this update is for you.
'Erb Garden

Post by 'Erb Garden »

Shred my post to bits as you will. I'm still having fun!

So the game has become long-winded, and more difficult in terms of achieving something. Which i think plays up to a good game, having a crew who are all gathering, and fighting over who's giving someone painkillers or repairing that car wheel is a great laugh!

The game is far from balanced, but these ideas of dropping the amount required on mechanics are silly. Why not just revert to 1.6.5 and we can all log on and have a fully operational Chopper in 20min, have cleared Sector B in 45, and are all bored of the game in a week?

Aside the above, and contradictory to my statement of mechanics, the medical skills need some attention, but i leave that in the hands of those who have actually managed to clear Book 1.1, as beyond a glimpse of a green bar in that, i'm clueless.

The spawn ratio of items, i think are on a whole, fantastic. The placement is more realistic, with more appropriate spawn locations of items. I would however like to point out that perhaps some tools, specifically Old Saws and Old Hammers should be found a little more often/ more varied places.

Feel free to pick this apart, i've separated the paragraphs neatly for your convenience.
BattleChief

Post by BattleChief »

I believe that the skill system is amazing, I love the features it adds, but the skill system is outrageous! Medic books have a 25% chance to gain EXP from bandages and painkillers, its a bit extreme, we are begging you to make the game less of a grind for stuff and make it a more fun, addicting, zombie survival (or pvp) game that it used to be. You have at least hundreds of people begging for you to tone it down, we are trying to beg and plead for you to change these things for the sake of those who join later, if you wanted to make it a grind to stay alive, why not point people in the direction of DayZ 2015. All I am saying is, listen to the players, isn't that what your supposed to do? You have a thread for what people want in the next patch, but you won't listen to their pleas to reduce the insanity of the skills systems? sounds a bit hypocritical if you ask me....