Massive player loss ... please adjust balance Skill-System

General discussion about the Mod.
'Erb Garden

Post by 'Erb Garden »

BattleChief wrote:I believe that the skill system is amazing, I love the features it adds, but the skill system is outrageous! Medic books have a 25% chance to gain EXP from bandages and painkillers, its a bit extreme, we are begging you to make the game less of a grind for stuff and make it a more fun, addicting, zombie survival (or pvp) game that it used to be. You have at least hundreds of people begging for you to tone it down, we are trying to beg and plead for you to change these things for the sake of those who join later, if you wanted to make it a grind to stay alive, why not point people in the direction of DayZ 2015. All I am saying is, listen to the players, isn't that what your supposed to do? You have a thread for what people want in the next patch, but you won't listen to their pleas to reduce the insanity of the skills systems? sounds a bit hypocritical if you ask me....
I think this is a very fair statement. Although i am one of the likely few that don't mind a grind, BattleChief is right. The community want the system to be a little friendlier and more accessible, i completely agree on the medic side of things, but with the mechanics, although the system is fine in my eyes, does need to be toned down.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

I am enjoying 1.8, Im up to 75% on both engines and parts, spammed scrap metal and windscreens to 100%. My issues seem to be the amount of time to get my medic skills up... I never get hit so I cant see why I should change tactics (i.e. get hit by zombies) just to level up.

The grinding is fine, but there needs to be a more balanced/fair point between the medic and mechanic skills.

Keep up the work Devs, but we havent heard anything from anyone for ages :(
'Erb Garden

Post by 'Erb Garden »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote: The grinding is fine, but there needs to be a more balanced/fair point between the medic and mechanic skills.

(
I agree with this, i personally thinking it should increase at a faster rate to enable you to actually surpass book 1.1 in a lifetime.

Alternatively, other ways to increase experience by perhaps Studying Bandages, or reading other Books about medicine as a 1 off experience gain would be beneficial to the player.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

'Erb Garden wrote: reading other Books about medicine as a 1 off experience gain would be beneficial to the player.
Liking this idea... it would make it more beneficial to players to continue looking for books.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

As much as i love the new update and the skill system i think there should be other ways to gain xp like mentioned above or nerf the requirements by 25-50%. Or better yet let the admins choose how they want it so everyone is happy.

Honestly the skills solved one of Origins biggest problems of running out of things to do. If you want quick vehicles and easy to find good guns id suggest overwatch. If you like to base build, explore and have a much deeper rich experience, Origins is headed in the right direction.

Keep working hard devs!
'Erb Garden

Post by 'Erb Garden »

ishootpaint wrote:If you like to base build, explore and have a much deeper rich experience, Origins is headed in the right direction.

Keep working hard devs!
Well put there. I would definitely describe it as a deeper and rich experience in comparison to that of Epoch or Overwatch.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Overwatch is also a great mod, was just playing it tonight. But thats my point, i play origins for the unique experience that it offers. If all i want to do is randomly kill people at spawn cities theres other mods much better suited for that type of play.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Think this topic can be closed now as the balance has been adjusted.
'Erb Garden

Post by 'Erb Garden »

Agreed. Seems like they did more than just balance the skills. Is it just me, or are tools more readily available now? Or is it just that i know where and what im looking for?
sterchen

Post by sterchen »

Yes, the topic can be closed as well as our LFS OriginsMod Server. From average 15 regular and daily players since Oct.2013 there are no one left!
For the last 12 days there were no one online, so the server will continue at 10.12.2015. :!: RIP

@Devs
1. you react much too late :!:
2. you react without contact to the community since you published 1.8 :!:
3. you react unfortunately unsatisfactory :!:

For my part, I will play the Mod furthermore but I don't wanna pay for it anymore. :| There are enough servers with place with one or two more survivors. :P
Kind regards to the other "posters" here. Maybe we met somewhere ingame...