Please, READ THE FORUMS @DEVTEAM

General discussion about the Mod.
Zidane9Z

Post by Zidane9Z »

The communication between the dev team and the community was insanely bad coming in to 1.8. When 1.8 was released, we got 2 server side patches in couple of days to fix some bugs. That was all great. I thought maybe things were finally changing and the dev team started listening to us. BUT after that, nothing.

There are still so many bugs and fixes that need to be done that have been reported on the forums. Some of them are serious issues like bots shooting through the sector b walls and killing you behind cover or your gear menu disappearing when you don't look at the object you're gearing (will end up you shooting your car or possibly a friend.) I've myself tried to raid sector b now 3 times, always ending up with a same result, a pkm bot just shoots me across the island behind solid cover. This is a serious issue that needs to be fixed INSTANTLY. Sector b is already much harder to go to as helis are not an option before completing the tasks and now you have a bot shooting you through walls constantly? It has been like that for a month now and nothing has been done about it. Then there tweaks that we've asked for. Literally 90% of the community (based on forum posts) thinks that the skill system should be tweaked. The progress is way too slow and it will take for ever to complete all the skills. People are quitting the mod because of this.

Devs, you have to understand that the basic mechanic and medic skills should be MUCH easier to do. I've played every day pretty much after the new patch came out and i've repaired over 40 vehicles and i'm about half way on the 1.1 wheel repairing task. That's not acceptable. I've spent insane amounts of time in the past month playing this mod that many people can't do and i've still yet to even complete the 1.1 tasks for a mechanic.
Cars blow up instantly from 1 stanag bullet as they're so broken. Literally any random guy that has a gun and sees you driving can blow up your car, your loot inside the car and many hours work in a matter of seconds if he decides to do so. That's insanely retarded.

I play with a group so repairing vehicles and gathering supplies is much easier. What about the players that are playing alone? It will take EVEN MORE TIME for these players to ever finish any of the tasks. No one wants to play this mod FOR A YEAR JUST TO HAVE A SEMI REPAIRED CAR. So, tweaking this skill system should be easy. I understand that some glitches can be hard to fix and will take time, but this should be easy to do. Make it so you gain experience EVERY TIME when you repair something or heal yourself or others. At least do that. Also, update the wiki and give us some actual numbers on how many times we need to heal someone, repair something, to finish a task. (or how many times in total we have to do it successfully with the current experience gaining system). Now we just have to keep guessing and hope to see the green bar raise and it feels like an eternity.

These are juts couple of issues i mentioned, we've reported so many glitches and bugs on the forums and you need to look at them.
mikestogy

Post by mikestogy »

Agreed. Ive been just straight up farming car parts and repairing my SUV over and over again, it hardly moves
Affius

Post by Affius »

Hey, The AF here

Yeah, im with Zidane on this one, ive quit the game cos as a mostly solo player I honestly cant be bothered with this tedious crap, sucked all the fun out of the game.
spuduk3

Post by spuduk3 »

repairing the same vehicle over and over again wont help you, i do a loot run in romanov, there are a couple of cars which can be fixed, once you have fixed the wheels glass and tires engine and fuel and body blow the cars up the repeat after the restart, engines and fuel tanks takes the most time. the medic is the worst to lvl up, bnadages is the easiest but the painkiller is hardy moved at all
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

spuduk3 wrote: repairing the same vehicle over and over again wont help you
I got my wheels, body and glass by repairing the same vehicle over nad over again (80 parts each roughly). Why do you think that doesnt work?
I havent started the medic one really yet... how did you do your bandages?
spuduk3

Post by spuduk3 »

i tried repairing the same vehicle over and over but it didnt start going up til i was putting on the wheels engine fuel tank glass and scrap then blowing up the car and repeating it after restart. with the medic its basically 50-50 whether you get the experience , i still havent got the tick yet, its99% done just need a couple more to register as experience, i have bandage myself a hell of a lot well over a couple hundred times at least and also have bandaged a lot of the group i play with, they do need to tweak the medic skill a bit to put it on a par level with mechanic,
'Erb Garden

Post by 'Erb Garden »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:
I got my wheels, body and glass by repairing the same vehicle over nad over again (80 parts each roughly). Why do you think that doesnt work?
I agree. Works a charm for me.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

'Erb Garden wrote:
Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:
I agree. Works a charm for me.
I repair the same one and it works for me.
'Erb Garden

Post by 'Erb Garden »

I would like to add to this that it makes sense that repetition works.

If i took an engine out of a car, refitted it, removed it, refitted it, i would get progressively more skilled and faster at performing that duty.

This isn't an issue, this is logical.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Dont always expect logic to come into a game... but yes, this has definately worked for me. I ahve spent the last two days collecting engines and fuel tanks. Added them all over the space of 2 hrs and Im up to 75% on each one now. Spamming does work.