The Skills thread

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

The Skills thread

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

You get more parts depending on the colour of the part. Green gives you 3 parts usually whereas red gives you 0-1. Amber and Yellow between 1-2
ishootpaint

The Skills thread

Post by ishootpaint »

I know the values but yellow parts have been giving me 1 if im lucky. Usally says i didnt find anything even on yellow parts. Like i said i think its just the dice rolling against me. Ill take apart a bunch of wheels tonight and see if my luck changes.
ishootpaint

The Skills thread

Post by ishootpaint »

ishootpaint wrote:I know the values but yellow parts have been giving me 1 if im lucky. Usally says i didnt find anything even on yellow parts. Like i said i think its just the dice rolling against me. Ill take apart a bunch of wheels tonight and see if my luck changes.
It seems to be the same as before, just a few bad rolls the other night. I did have a good idea for leveling medic skill especially the cloth bandage part. Log into an empty or low pop server that has auto skill transfer and just keep getting hit on purpose. Since you will only be playing that server death doesnt really matter. You should be able to get past the cloth bandage part pretty easily without losing humanity or caring about being infected. Might be a little on the side of exploiting the system but unless they lower the requirements for medical more this is the only way i could stand to grind it. Have already lost alot of my group because of the amount of grinding some things take.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

The Skills thread

That is a similar idea to what I was thinking the other day ISP, just basically go round a city, picking up cloths and getting hit a lot. Ive struggled to raise my medic level and this would definitely speed things up.

Oh and as for your clan, +1
ishootpaint

The Skills thread

Post by ishootpaint »

Well farming medic skill on a low pop server seemed to work decent enough. Got my painkiller bar up about half way in 40 minutes or so. And got the cloth bandage up to a quarter full in the same amount of time. Was even able to get a few blood samples while i was at it. Honestly it wouldnt be too hard on a half populated server if you dont mind people getting in the way once in a while.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

The Skills thread

My question is this, how have people fared with the unknown pills? How many did it take to max it out?
ishootpaint

The Skills thread

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:My question is this, how have people fared with the unknown pills? How many did it take to max it out?
Im also curious about that. I still need to find the book so i couldn't tell you.
spuduk3

The Skills thread

Post by spuduk3 »

it will depend on ur med skills lvl, its best to wait til you get the 55% chance of identifying, before this it is only around a 25% success rate, i went minimum 200 possibly even three hundred before i completed it
ishootpaint

The Skills thread

Post by ishootpaint »

spuduk3 wrote: i went minimum 200 possibly even three hundred before i completed it

:shock:
spuduk3

The Skills thread

Post by spuduk3 »

iso, i was only level 1 med skills when i completed this, this only gives u a 25% chance then mostly got i cant read this or dont need alker seltzer, got really frustrated doing this but got there in the end,..... also would like to know if anybody knows where to find the third melting metals book for the furnace