The Skills thread

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

The Skills thread

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Ok so what is your tips so far for people to progress their skills easily?

I am only on 1.1 Medic and 1.3 Mechanic so I am no expert but here is what Ive learned so far.

1. Go and find stacks of books from the libraries, school, art gallery (Sabina) and right click them... with some luck you will find these books.

For Mechanic basically, go and loot car parts incl windscreens. Find a vehicle and put these on, you will need tools like Pliers, hammer etc but once youve fitted 80 (rough figure) you will get a tick in the box of the skills tree (press F1 to see this).

You will also need to take the fuel tanks, engines apart to get specific components. If you are lucky enough to get a component you need, right click to study it and you will be on your way to mastering that section.

Good luck
3sec

The Skills thread

Post by 3sec »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:1. Go and find stacks of books from the libraries, school, art gallery (Sabina) and right click them... with some luck you will find these books.
Not completely sure, but I think you can't find all books on all spots. Some higher tier books only spawn at special locations (Town hall, lab, etc.)
Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:...but once youve fitted 80 (rough figure)...
There's no exact number. Lowest amount I needed was tail rotor with ~50 parts, while I'm still at 40% with 70 main rotors.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:You will also need to take the fuel tanks, engines apart to get specific components.
Different people will have different parts to study (at least for wheels, car/truck engine and fuel tank). Keep the parts you don't need and trade them with other people. You'll very likely get tons of parts you don't need. So get someone who doesn't need the same stuff as you to dissamble your parts to get the things you need.
SGTSADSACK

The Skills thread

Post by SGTSADSACK »

certain things need to be 100%, there's no way in hell you would take apart a wheel or engine in real life and find NOTHING useful literally the most annoying part. The fact you can attempt to take blood from ivan and FAIL is ridiculous. How can you FAIL at taking blood from something, what is your character trying to do drain all the blood with a straw?
3sec

The Skills thread

Post by 3sec »

SGTSADSACK wrote:certain things need to be 100%, there's no way in hell you would take apart a wheel or engine in real life and find NOTHING useful literally the most annoying part. The fact you can attempt to take blood from ivan and FAIL is ridiculous. How can you FAIL at taking blood from something, what is your character trying to do drain all the blood with a straw?
Even better: from the ~15 successful attempts I only studied 3 samples. The other ones failed with "no information...".

Btw: it is possible to get more than one part if you dissamble an item (maybe depends on quality level), but this only happened one time to me so far.
'Erb Garden

The Skills thread

Post by 'Erb Garden »

SGTSADSACK wrote:certain things need to be 100%, there's no way in hell you would take apart a wheel or engine in real life and find NOTHING useful literally the most annoying part. The fact you can attempt to take blood from ivan and FAIL is ridiculous. How can you FAIL at taking blood from something, what is your character trying to do drain all the blood with a straw?
Without complaining... I completely agree with that! Taking blood should be 100%, your finds from the study, well...

Concerning mechanics:

Sebina:
DayZ Farm.png
DayZ Farm.png (196.52 KiB) Viewed 13378 times
This area above has a Bus Station, and Two Bodyshops. Park 250m from the bodyshops and run in circles till your car is full. I've taken my Mechanics up in just a week doing this casually.

Concerning medic:

eerrrmmmmmm................
3sec

The Skills thread

Post by 3sec »

I've been leveling 3.1 (main rotor) and used some parts while I already had the green bar with the gaps. I got no progress and logged off. Today after login I've got a checkmark there. I don't really think they have ever changed something, but some skill updates seem to occur after a relog or restart.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

The Skills thread

3sec wrote:I've been leveling 3.1 (main rotor) and used some parts while I already had the green bar with the gaps. I got no progress and logged off. Today after login I've got a checkmark there. I don't really think they have ever changed something, but some skill updates seem to occur after a relog or restart.
That is a strange occurrance, I cant say its happened to me. Maybe there was a slight delay and it updated as you logged off - it just so happened that when you logged back in, that it had completed?!
3sec

The Skills thread

Post by 3sec »

After my last main rotor yesterday I waited a few minutes until I logged off and had no skill progress until then. So the progress came over night.

Now I started doing the instruments task and had the skills UI open. When assembling part #72 was done the UI updated instantly going up to 80% (did not press F1 in this time, so the window updated itself with the skill progress). Either there was a coincidence or there is no delayed update of the progress bars.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

The Skills thread

Yes, a question only the devs can answer I suppose, but havent heard from them for a while now... its all gone a bit quiet, even the wiki hasnt been updated :(
Paliubomu

The Skills thread

Post by Paliubomu »

i'm finnishing 2.3 and will start soon 3.1, my heli will fly after i start researching 3.1 or still no?