The Skills thread

General discussion about the Mod.
ishootpaint

The Skills thread

Post by ishootpaint »

MrMadness wrote:usefull tip medical is to shoot ya mate and bandage them or shoot them even more and use painkillers on them ;)
Tried and true. Good way to farm humanity while your friend is AFK also :mrgreen:
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

The Skills thread

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

ishootpaint wrote:
MrMadness wrote:usefull tip medical is to shoot ya mate and bandage them or shoot them even more and use painkillers on them ;)
Tried and true. Good way to farm humanity while your friend is AFK also :mrgreen:
I have been shot 4 times and bandaged each time all within 10 mins, hardly any experience gained. Does it work better bandaging others?
MrMadness

The Skills thread

Post by MrMadness »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:
ishootpaint wrote:
I have been shot 4 times and bandaged each time all within 10 mins, hardly any experience gained. Does it work better bandaging others?
It can be a pain , i hear re logging helps
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

The Skills thread

Re-logging would take ages just to come back to be shot and bandaged again
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

The Skills thread

Ok, so does anyone know how many bandages and painkillers it takes to level up yet. Im having no luck whatsoever :(
Winkiwoolf

The Skills thread

Post by Winkiwoolf »

You need 100 Bandages and 60 Painkillers
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

The Skills thread

Thanks Winkiwoof - can you spam this i.e. get shot by a friend, bandage, get shot again, bandage, shot again bandage all within 2 mins?
andex

The Skills thread

Post by andex »

i still dont understand the skill system at all,
so i will hijack this thread with all my noob questions about the mechanic skills.
i hope you guys can give me some answers...
for all questions lets say we got the needed tools + bonus tools + toolkit.

1. even without reading any books you can repair all parts but they will be in terrible condition?

2. without any skills, if you attach a green engine to a car, will it still be red or like yellow/orange?

3. will reading the books give you a boost in your abilities ( x% better results at repairing that part ) or do they just enable the progress bars?

4. is there a steady progress for your abilities? With every scrapmetal you can repair the body a little bit better? or will it stay the same till you gained enough experience and then jump up a few % at once?

5. once you grinded through 1.1 - 1.3, how good are you at repairing cars? a green engine will give you ?? % engine status?

6. and how do you get better? is it only the research books? or is there still some kind of xp gain after you finished the needed parts for 1.3?

7. and what about windows and scrapmetal? there is no "condition" for these parts and after finishing 1.1-1.3 its still at ~25% ( or is this a wrong information? ). i dont know about any research book for that, how can you get to 100%?

more questions coming soon...

thanks in advance
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

The Skills thread

andex wrote:i still dont understand the skill system at all,
so i will hijack this thread with all my noob questions about the mechanic skills.
i hope you guys can give me some answers...
for all questions lets say we got the needed tools + bonus tools + toolkit.

1. even without reading any books you can repair all parts but they will be in terrible condition?
A - For standard books yes, but not for the special books i.e. disassembling parts etc
2. without any skills, if you attach a green engine to a car, will it still be red or like yellow/orange?
A - Red, dependent on your level. So 1.1 mechanic will always get a red result even if putting green parts on. When you progress to lvl 1.3 and higher, a green engine may go amber if you are lucky but never green.
3. will reading the books give you a boost in your abilities ( x% better results at repairing that part ) or do they just enable the progress bars?
A - It just allows the progress bars no boost in abilities. However as mentioned in previous answer, if you are at 1.1 and using green parts, they will only bed classed as red but if you move to 1.2 or 1.3 and again use green parts, you may get them to be amber.
4. is there a steady progress for your abilities? With every scrapmetal you can repair the body a little bit better? or will it stay the same till you gained enough experience and then jump up a few % at once?
A - No steady progress - until you finish the requirements 100% (green tick) you will not be able to fit to that level.
5. once you grinded through 1.1 - 1.3, how good are you at repairing cars? a green engine will give you ?? % engine status?
A - I believe 1.1 - 2.1 will only allow Amber at best. 2.1-3.1 should allow Yellow and then 3.2 onwards is green but if you fit a part 100% it wont show on the repair menu.
6. and how do you get better? is it only the research books? or is there still some kind of xp gain after you finished the needed parts for 1.3?
A - Essentially, read book 1.1 - finish adding all required parts. Then read book 2, add all required parts until green tick etc etc. Do this to lvl 3.3 and you can fix to 100%.
7. and what about windows and scrapmetal? there is no "condition" for these parts and after finishing 1.1-1.3 its still at ~25% ( or is this a wrong information? ). i dont know about any research book for that, how can you get to 100%?
A - IIRC there are two occassions to fit windows and scrap metal. I think this is at 1.1 and again at 3.1 or something like that.
more questions coming soon...

thanks in advance

Hope that helps you somewhat Andex. Message me later on Steam and Ill log on to my account and see what was what. Im only 4 heli engines short of completing 3.3 mechanic. I just cant progress my Medic :(
andex

The Skills thread

Post by andex »

yes, thanks mate, that helps a lot.

but im still confused :mrgreen:
the system does not really make sense to me.

for 1.1 - 1.3 its all logical.
you have to repair a part over and over to get better. once you gained enough experience (green tick) youre a bit better at repairing that part.
- adds up

but now for 2.1 - 2.3 what are the parts?
Truck engine, truck wheels, truck fueltank (and glass and scrap again?)
so if i dont care about trucks i still have to repair a ton of truck engines to get better at repairing car wheels?
and later i have to repair a shitload of heli engines so i can finally attach a green fueltank to my car?

yeah i know, the idea is correct.
if you want to learn sth you have to start with the basics, the easy parts before you can proceed to the advanced parts
and someday when you master the most complex parts of that topic it can still help you to get even better at the basics.
it just seems so unrelated