Origins Patch 1.8.1

General discussion about the Mod.
3sec

Origins Patch 1.8.1

Post by 3sec »

According to https://www.facebook.com/originsmod 1.8.1 is out. You can also read the changelog there.
Hukka

Origins Patch 1.8.1

Post by Hukka »

"including bridges that damaged wheels on vehicles, vehicles that got stuck on bridges, issues with players falling through buildings"

Aw yeeeee best news yet
'Erb Garden

Origins Patch 1.8.1

Post by 'Erb Garden »

So our constructive feedback is taken on board, eh?

Feels good!
3sec

Origins Patch 1.8.1

Post by 3sec »

Mixed feelings about that patch. The patchnotes are fine, but:
- the stuff I used before the patch to get my 80% skill would now be all I need (instead of making more progress per part just lower the amount of progress you need to get the skill done...)
- used 52 airplane engines on 3.2 now and I'm on the 60% bar now (that's the 4th out of 8 stages) -> So I still need ~100 to get it done. Can't see the 30-50% less parts with these numbers.
- I'm sure a lot of players who quit 1.8 because of the amounts required won't come back with this patch. This patch is too late.

Will we ever see a hive-wide skill system? Our server will be canceled end of December and it's just bad if the (few) players lose all the progress they made. This issue was already mentioned because even a database reset would kill the skill progress.

btw: anyone else got these small white boxes in dead forest (aliencamp) on the ground? Looks like missing textures/models for a mushroom.
MrMadness

Origins Patch 1.8.1

Post by MrMadness »

3sec wrote:Mixed feelings about that patch. The patchnotes are fine, but:
- the stuff I used before the patch to get my 80% skill would now be all I need (instead of making more progress per part just lower the amount of progress you need to get the skill done...)
- used 52 airplane engines on 3.2 now and I'm on the 60% bar now (that's the 4th out of 8 stages) -> So I still need ~100 to get it done. Can't see the 30-50% less parts with these numbers.
- I'm sure a lot of players who quit 1.8 because of the amounts required won't come back with this patch. This patch is too late.

Will we ever see a hive-wide skill system? Our server will be canceled end of December and it's just bad if the (few) players lose all the progress they made. This issue was already mentioned because even a database reset would kill the skill progress.

btw: anyone else got these small white boxes in dead forest (aliencamp) on the ground? Looks like missing textures/models for a mushroom.
i thought the small white boxes was the spawn points for the aliens? also people who have quit are cry babies. the skill update is a wonderful thing :) just need to have friends that play regular and work on your skills XD
ishootpaint

Origins Patch 1.8.1

Post by ishootpaint »

I love the skill system but it was a bit much and i think 30-50% faster is a good balance. The 4x vehicle durability is nice also so you cant just blow up a car with one rifle mag.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Origins Patch 1.8.1

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

ishootpaint wrote:I love the skill system but it was a bit much and i think 30-50% faster is a good balance. The 4x vehicle durability is nice also so you cant just blow up a car with one rifle mag.
Exactly my thoughts too. I really liked the new ideas with 1.8 (except the fact that on sector B the loot doesnt come with the parts to fix the Hueys!) and the skills gave me more to get on with.

I was 75% through both fuel tanks and engine fitting.., so Im going to guess I need 10 of each now to get them done. As for the fuel tank sensors and livers - dont get me started there... Im currently at 1799 kills (of which all I have cut up) and still Im only 4/5ths of a bar done for livers! Oh well, Ill keep trying.
andex

Origins Patch 1.8.1

Post by andex »

I think 1.8.1 is a good thing.

they fixed some bugs, they adjusted the skills and they added some content.
and they did it very fast (compared to the usual patch routine).

Of course that wont bring back the people who quit because of 1.8,
but everytime i log in there are still 500+ people playing and thats ok. its a very small player base but its not dead.
however 1.8 killed all the big 50+ pvp servers and that is very sad,
because for me its all about player interaction and fights, so i need a full server so that i meet people all the time.
i know there are some some full russian and american servers but thats not my timezone,
lets hope int005 will stay at least kinda populated...

"- New medical items from 1.8 can be placed to medical kit now."
what items are they talking about? I cant put any of the new pills into my medkit. Anybody knows?

As always the patchnotes do not show all the changes.
Did you find any of the "undercover changes"?

The only thing i noticed yet is about the planes.
You need to repair them now, no more refuel-and-go :cry:
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Origins Patch 1.8.1

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Yes, I tried putting new pills and single use tester in my medkit but it didnt work either :(

Im not sure why 1.8 killed PvP servers... from my limited experience of an actively populated PvP server since wipe is that you shouldn’t be lasting long enough to build a big base or have a large number of vehicles to rely on. Vehicles and bases are more for the PvE/casual PvP servers.

My opinion is something along the lines of, if you play on an active PvP server, you should not expect to last too long haha Kill and be killed.

There is no reason someone cant get a safe, then manage to get a lvl 1 house, but to have 4 houses, 2 garages and a fleet of cars… that shouldn’t be possible ;)