Ive some questions...

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Ive some questions...

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Ok, so lets see here who are the knowledgeable ones...

1. I have medkit that contains many medical items, there appears to be a slot for similar item for tools but the only thing I have found is the toolkit/mechanic kit - but neither of these fit the slot. Does anyone know if there is one, or where to find it as I always have too many items/tools on me

2. I am yet to find either the furnace or smelting/rubber books, people have said that the furnace spawns in some saturn factory; where and what is this? People have also suggested that the rarer books are from Vlad in the centre building; Ive been there over 30 times and just get the ordinary books - any advice here please?

3. The last hotfix changed the guards in Sector B to Dynamic, which is great for the players who know it well, but is there a setting for admins to remove dynamic and have static so newer players to Sector B like myself can get some practice just working my way through?

4. After completing Sector B, went to the loot and to collect Chopper parts so we could load up the Hueys and fly outta there... there werent enough parts to repair the choppers, any ideas?

5. Last but not least... how many guards are there for a complete clearance for Sector B, so if I need to fly my beaten up chopper without getting shot down I can?

Any help would be great... thanks

Magnum
3sec

Ive some questions...

Post by 3sec »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:2. I am yet to find either the furnace or smelting/rubber books, people have said that the furnace spawns in some saturn factory; where and what is this? People have also suggested that the rarer books are from Vlad in the centre building; Ive been there over 30 times and just get the ordinary books - any advice here please?

The Saturn Factory is southeast of the big bridge. You can find the oven behind the right front wheel under the wreck in the second picture below. There's a discussion in the german section about that. It should also spawn in the high building with the stairs there. I can confirm the spawn under the wreck as I've found one there.
Corsilla wrote:Hier steht das Wrack:

Dort sollte der Ofen stehen, ich hatte jetzt kein Glück gehabt:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1936&hilit=Schmelzen

For the books I can say I've found them in/on the town hall buildings (the brick ones with 3 loot piles in the entrance) and the lab.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:4. After completing Sector B, went to the loot and to collect Chopper parts so we could load up the Hueys and fly outta there... there werent enough parts to repair the choppers, any ideas?
Would be fine to have the parts right there, but for the next time you know you have to bring some stuff to repair them (afaik there are main rotor and glass in the box, don't know if this is random).
Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:5. Last but not least... how many guards are there for a complete clearance for Sector B, so if I need to fly my beaten up chopper without getting shot down I can?
I think this also depends on the server settings (how many waves with how many guards should spawn). For the patrols outside I can say if you've made your way to the wall you'll have a save corridor to fly in and out if you stay low. There will be some hot spots outside with groups of PKM guards who will get you out of your KA60 on 500m distance (experience... but we have the AIs on 100%). Just drive around the island with the submarine, mark their positions and see where their blind spots are.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Ive some questions...

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, Ive still to find one of the smelting books and the rubber one, then I will head there and hopefully progress some more.

As fro Sector B, I used to fly in with Merlin, land and then get back out with it full. Now its a case of sub in, clear, get the loot but no easy way to transport it back... hopefully the hotfix will resolve this as you should be able to fly out in the Hueys. Once we had cleared it last week, tried to fly a chopper in but a PKM gunner took her out :(
Miggs

Ive some questions...

Post by Miggs »

Thomas,

At 3.1 you should get between 35-40% in my experience.