Building Walls (with Excavator)

General discussion about the Mod.
Miggs

Post by Miggs »

Hey All,

I know it sounds silly but we are having some issues building walls that are straight. I am hoping for some advice/guidance on how you all build your walls? Such as:

* 1 person or 2 person job (one driving other building or does one person/you go back and forth between driver & operator)?

* Do you keep the Excavator North/South while building? (We had some success keeping the driver N/S and turning the operator E/W for angles)

* Do you go in first or third person when building?

* Do you use the free camera to try and get the right angles to view where the wall is going to go?

Bottom line, our walls always seem to go at a slight curve (not completely straight) or just come out looking like crap. Looking for any feedback! Youtube video would be AWESOME (just sayin).
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

I tend to put the excavator side on (Im the driver) and then a friend puts down the wall, I drive in a straight line up, he just adds another section. As long as I drive straight, the wall tends to be very straight.

Generally, third person, and use the cameras to assist.

Its difficult to get a perfectly straight wall, ours waiver slightly but nothing of great concern. I believe upgrading them allows the walls to be solid (no gaps)