One for the Devs... Issue

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

So all, my friend and I were both repairing our choppers yesterday... he is mechanics lvl 3.2 and Im 3.1

When adding a new engine to my Merlin, his repair menu on my chopper was showing 38% but mine was only showing it as 27% - how can this be?

Surely an engine is an engine and the percentage stats shouldnt differ depending on what lvl mechanic you are.

Has anyone else seen this?
spuduk3

Post by spuduk3 »

do both of you have a mechanics tool kit on you, there will be a difference if he has one and you dont
andex

Post by andex »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote: Surely an engine is an engine and the percentage stats shouldnt differ depending on what lvl mechanic you are.
correct.

3 possibilities, choose one:

1.) Two players open the repair menu, one repairs a part -> the % will be updated for the one who repaired it, for the other player it will still show the same as before. He has to reopen the menu to see the actual %

2.) one of you was noticeably confused and looked at the wrong part

3.) its a bug
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

1. We definitely went into the repair menu a number of times to double check and time our percentage values were different from one anothers.

2. We re-affired that we were both looking at the engine - all other parts on the chopper were in their 70's or 80's - so it could only have been the engine we were both looking at.

3. Agreed - Devs, you need to look into this.

Added in 3 minutes 28 seconds:
spuduk3 wrote:do both of you have a mechanics tool kit on you, there will be a difference if he has one and you dont
Surely the percentage of the engine wont differ due to this. That would mean that when flying a chopper/driving a vehicle - it will be stronger just because I have the mechanics toolkit in my belt?!

I could understand using the toolkit gives you a better percentage when fitting an engine, but surely it wont affect it just by viewing the repair menu to see what percentage it is at.
spuduk3

Post by spuduk3 »

there is a difference when you have the mechanics tool kit on you and when you dont, it just helps you fix part that bit better with it than without
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

I understand that - but it shouldnt (and doesnt as far as I know) make a difference when viewing the status of a vehicle.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

This problem still exists as I looked at ISPs Huey on our server and whilst his engine shows as red, it shows orange for me and with a %age too. The only difference is our mech lvls as I am 3.3

Devs need to have a look at this.
osi1

Post by osi1 »

The higher your mechanic skills are, the better you can assess and understand the condition of a mechanic component.
So if you are at 3.3, you always see the real %age.
If you are below 3.3, you only take a qualified/or not so qualified guess on it. And therefor the %age you see differs from the %age another player with different mechanic skill sees or the real condition of the component.
But for damage calculations and all other game mechanics, the component has one exact condition, which you can see as level 3 mechanic.