Server is resetting vehicles used by players

General discussion about the Mod.
4skarzeny4

Post by 4skarzeny4 »

Hi as the title say's
My server keeps resetting vehicles after 7 days of them being left
All upgrades and items are wiped at first we thought other players might of moved/destroyed them but today my 2 cars and motorbike were wiped from inside my garage
Since the implementation of the skill tree preventing players from jumping into helis, it makes getting back to vehicles which youve left difficult.
While progressing my skills fixing various vehicles around the map ive returned to said vehicles 53 intotal all reset
Is this a my server alone bug or is this the norm for all servers ?
I feel ive wasted 9 days work repairing and dropping the unusable loot into said vehicles
大王EMPerrorᕦ(¬‿¬)ᕤ

Post by 大王EMPerrorᕦ(¬‿¬)ᕤ »

quite normal in my experience, u have to touch the vehicles every few days
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

With vehicles, they will despawn after 3 days(pretty sure) if the engine is not started to reset the despawn timer. The long and short of it is use them or lose them. It is to prevent people from hoarding all the vehicles.
4skarzeny4

Post by 4skarzeny4 »

Thanks for your replies
completely depressing thought but understand the vehicle hording is a problem but was hoping that once vehicles were upgraded they wouldnt all despawn esecially out of ones own garage
Miggs

Post by Miggs »

In my experience I have gone 4 solid days without having to start them. I have also seen the new vehicles go what seemed like an extra day. This does bring up a good point though.... Can we get confirmation from the devs on timers for vehicles? I also believe the FF has a longer timer correct?
spuduk3

Post by spuduk3 »

you dont actually have to start the engine. all you need to interact with the vehicle, check the gear or just get in and out. it is about 4 day sit takes a vehicle to despawn if not interacted with
Bammer-D

Post by Bammer-D »

This isn't like other DayZ mods, you need to interact with vehicles in Origins every 3-5 days (depending on the frequency of restarts). Vehicles that go untouched will eventually despawn.