Christmas wishes Origins style

General discussion about the Mod.
Miggs

Post by Miggs »

Hey all,

Myself and the clan were talking about what we would want for Christmas from the devs (if they were taking requests) and it spawned some pretty good discussions! I was hoping to hear from the community and get your guys thoughts. Basically what the question was:

"If you could ask the devs for only ONE thing to make the game better for Christmas, what would it be?"

We came up with a lot of the of different asks! But the one that won was "Make the tanker exchange the way it used to be" aka not have the items disappear when someone trades for them. I personally agree with this one as if you happen to have the gear to trade then why not let someone get as many parts/mats as they can afford?

Some of the others were:

* Make walls snapable

* Make Sect B guards static

* Make a way for you to strengthen tools so they will not break (saw/hammer etc.) perhaps with the furnace?

Anxious to hear from anyone on what they would ask for!!
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

I would like the opportunity to be able to recreate the landscape by using a digger. Trying to find suitable locations for my base is getting harder on populated servers. Id like to be able to remove some trees, and level off the foundations so I could build pretty much anywhere I want.
andex

Post by andex »

what about a christmas special edition.
every year for december the ai mi-24 gets a new model and texture to look like santas sleigh.
replace the rotor sound with christmas bells and make it shoot presents instead of rockets.

festive af
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

*slap* Wake up Andex, this isnt dream world :P

A present would be nice though... there should be chopper crash sites that should have a few festive presents as the AI were delivering mail and presents to the soldiers at Sec B :P
andex

Post by andex »

haha, but landscape modification in arma 2 is more realistic? :D

no, im serious. i will show this christmas thing to the devs. :D

about a year ago (?) the devs talked about adding seasons to taviana. a spring/summer/fall/winter edition for the map.
just think about it.
long nights in winter, your temperature drops really fast, byelov covered in snow.
short nights in summer, you need way more water, swimming/mountains wont affect your body temp...

i dont think it is possible, it would be a shitton of work and probably hurt performance and gameplay.
but i really like this idea.
Miggs

Post by Miggs »

Andex,

I love the idea of the long/short nights and temperature factor. This was now a discussion at the water cooler at work today! Regretfully those guys do not use the forums but they had a couple good ideas I thought I would add here

* Holiday "event" where a squad of sector b guards spawned randomly on the map each server reset and made their way town by town killing anything and everything (zeds/players/animals). If you killed them they would have a lootable corpse with Christmas themed gear & special items (this would only last Christmas eve, Christmas day & the day after Christmas), making these items highly coveted.

* A leader board on the forums or face book page updated daily that tracked # of Mayor kills, # of Missions Completed and # of Strongholds/Mansions built on each server. This would allow players to see which servers had established/hardcore players so they could get a good indication of what kind of server they want to join (newer vs more established/experienced server). It may also build some friendly competition between admins to try and be on top.

I really liked both of these and thought I would share them! Anxious to see if anyone has more!! Good discussion so far IMO.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

I would like to see some new forms of housing.

*A long house for groups that are all willing to sacrifice having their own lvl1 house for sharing a building.

*Tree houses would be awesome, but i cant quite think of a decent way to implement them.

*Upgrades you can do to the existing houses. Like painting, adding objects, decorations, lighting or anything that will make your house feel unique and personalized.

* Interior features would be great and make your house feel like more than just a place to dump your loot. make some standard and some upgrades.
+Functional stove
+Chemistry station that generates a random medical item every restart
+Dresser to store clothing for the new upcoming clothing system
+Make the mailboxes work so you can leave people hate mail
+Periscope that you can look around outside with(a bit silly but useful).
+Gun rack on the wall that lets your store 1 gun on it and it will show the gun on it. So you can show off your prized gun or just put your go to weapon on it for fast access.

*New models for the houses so you can choose from a few different looks for each level excluding the lvl4.

*And to finish my post off a new housing type that is all built in one place(excluding the large garage and lvl4). lvl1 would place a structure and fence off an area roughly the size of the stronghold that new buildings and features will be added to during the stages of its construction. The fenced off area will not be lockable(same model fence as the lvl3 houses) but all the buildings within will be. The fence and gate can be upgraded using the excavator and the fence made lockable.

A very tall order but hey, we are just wishing here right. :D
Last edited by ishootpaint on 24 Dec 2015 05:28, edited 1 time in total.
Miggs

Post by Miggs »

Wow Ishootpaint great stuff here! LOVE the customizable housing painting/upgrading useful objects!
Breky

Post by Breky »

Has anyone ever thought about santa outfits when you spawn in? Just for a few weeks or so to spice up the pvp ;) also a santas slay instead of mi24 would be cool

-breky
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Miggs wrote: * Make Sect B guards static
I would definitely like this as an option for the admins. They could choose whether Static or Dynamic