How long of unactivity until houses despawn?

General discussion about the Mod.
Cravez

Post by Cravez »

osi1 wrote:Cravez:
If you want to keep your houses, you must either find someone, you can give your arma2oa reg-key, so he can open your houses during your absence or you have to ask the server admin, if he can transfer your houses to another player who will open them and after your return he has to undo it.
Hi Osi

Would giving a friend my Steam login and them logging into the game and opening the house suffice?
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:The fortress doesnt hold that much considering how long it takes to build. The one I am part of is not even used haha
No, but it takes so long to despawn that would be his best bet if he goes away for a few weeks at a time. 500/500/500 is better than 0/0/0 after a 3 week vacation.
Would that fortress on the river be yours by any chance. I was scouting building spots and that was right where i was gonna build lol.
osi1

Post by osi1 »

Cravez:
No, that will not work :(
Your acc on the server is linked to your reg key of arma2OA. So you need to change it.
But it is easy by using the win regedit tool. Just export your key and give it a person you trust. But make sure he exports his key also, to get his acc back after the procedure.
There are many tutorials at the Internet.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

ishootpaint wrote:
Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:The fortress doesnt hold that much considering how long it takes to build. The one I am part of is not even used haha
No, but it takes so long to despawn that would be his best bet if he goes away for a few weeks at a time. 500/500/500 is better than 0/0/0 after a 3 week vacation.
Would that fortress on the river be yours by any chance. I was scouting building spots and that was right where i was gonna build lol.
Indeed it is... hardly ever used so the area is clear if you want to build in the vicinity ;)
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:
ishootpaint wrote:
Indeed it is... hardly ever used so the area is clear if you want to build in the vicinity ;)
Ill probably settle down close to there. Just didnt want to build close to a hostile fortress.
Cravez

Post by Cravez »

osi1 wrote:Cravez:
No, that will not work :(
Your acc on the server is linked to your reg key of arma2OA. So you need to change it.
But it is easy by using the win regedit tool. Just export your key and give it a person you trust. But make sure he exports his key also, to get his acc back after the procedure.
There are many tutorials at the Internet.
Just on this point, I've tried logging into my Steam acc onto a completely seperate computer, loaded up Origins and was able to play the same character and interact with the house etc. So surely it would be doable for someone to log in and refresh the house? It's practically the same thing.

Also I spoke to someone who had to go away for a bit and they said that they were able to get a friend to login into their Steam account, load Origins and refresh their house
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

This should work as your Origins account is tied to your steam ID. If your friend also has the game they will have to change keys with regedit especially if they have the DLC. The easiest method is find a friend without the game to log in for you on your steam account.

Another method pending on if your friends with the admin is to have him roll back the server by even 30 minutes at a time when nobody is on. A rollback sets the despawn counter back to 0. So if you have been gone 10 days and he rolls the server back it will give you another 14 days(id say 12 just to play it safe).
Last edited by ishootpaint on 06 Jan 2016 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
osi1

Post by osi1 »

Yes, doing it this way wil work also.
But first for clarification:
Your Server acc is linked to your reg-key.
This key makes our copy of the game individuell.
By downloading and installing the game, steam uses the reg-key, you bought with your steam acc.
So if you go to another PC, but downloading the game with your steam acc, you get your reg-key again and therefor play with your Server acc.

But if you don't want to download the game completely, every time you need to change the key or your friend has already a arma2oa Installation, you can achive the same by changing only your reg-key.
Both ways will work :)
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Osi1's method works fine as long as they either do not have the DLC or know how to keep the DLC from overwriting their OA key to match which game key the DLC was purchased for. Theres a million ways to sunday, just find the easiest for you and your friend.
osi1

Post by osi1 »

So it is ;)