How long of unactivity until houses despawn?

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Ive been giving this some thoughts the last couple of days. I currently play on two servers, and I will be going on a 14 day holiday later in the year. Effectively I will lose everything as there is no simple way of logging in or getting the admins to extend the period to 3 weeks of inactivity, the same for all my vehicles and safe :(

I think Origins should have a 'Vacation Mode' where everything you own can be locked down for a certain period of time - but you cant log back in until that time has expired (this would stop players from trying to protect their things from normal game play).
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

That would be a good feature as ive seen alot of people with the same issue. Just find somone you trust with your steam pw(like darren) and have them log in and refresh your stuff for you.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Yes, I may have to get him to pop over whilst Im away but again its harder for lone wolves. Its not liek you can teach you neighbour to do it for you whilst you are away :P
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

I can try to keep your vehicles refreshed but i have a hard enough time with mine so no promises.

"Yes ms. Smith, just water the plants, feed the pets and log into origins for me so i dont lose my houses(house sitting inception lol). And look out for bandits for gods sake."
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

You have vehicles? Really, I thought I got your vehicle for you on US001 :P
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:You have vehicles? Really, I thought I got your vehicle for you on US001 :P
I had vehicles lol. Hence the aforementioned trying to remember to refresh them lol. You can have the truck, dont really use cars much. I already get enough lip from Vic without you chiming in :x
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Haha no mate, it's cool you will get more use out of it than me. 3 days until they despawn?
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

I believe it is 3 days. Possibly 4 but i never chance it. Maybe someone can comfirm but it seems like its longer with locked vehicles.
andex

Post by andex »

ishootpaint wrote: "Yes ms. Smith, just water the plants, feed the pets and log into origins for me so i dont lose my houses(house sitting inception lol). And look out for bandits for gods sake."
:lol: 10/10
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

andex wrote:
ishootpaint wrote: "Yes ms. Smith, just water the plants, feed the pets and log into origins for me so i dont lose my houses(house sitting inception lol). And look out for bandits for gods sake."
:lol: 10/10
Just to come back from vacation a few weeks later to find your neighbor sweet old little Ms. Smith on your pc shooting bambis in bylov with a humanity score of -12,980. When you know that when you left you were a lvl2 hero :lol: