Military Base (Mission)

General discussion about the Mod.
andex

Military Base (Mission)

Post by andex »

Recently i quit my PVP-only lifestlye and started doing missions.

Somehow im not able to finish the "Military Base" mission at Sevastopol.

First try:
I killed all the static bots -> a few new bots spawn and a gunner suv starts driving around
I killed the new bots and the gunner -> the suv drives away and doesnt return
I tried to follow it, searched the area, its gone and i cant finish the mission

Second try:
Killed all the static bots again -> new bots spawn, killed them too
the suv doenst even show up
search the area, relog, pray to the dayz gods -> nothing, cant finish the mission again

Im pretty new to this and im not sure whats wrong here.
Maybe the suv gets stuck at a certain place?
Or do i have to do sth to trigger it?

pls help :cry:
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Military Base (Mission)

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Hi Andex,

I am definitely no expert here and I couldnt fully view the video I found of this mission (Youtube) whilst at work but I believe there are currentyl 2 german videos on Youtube that explain how to do it. Have a look and let me know if it helped.

Sorry I couldnt be of more use, I havent done that mission myself yet... I got stuck on the crashed plane by Mitrovice area last week :(
Last edited by Thomas Sullivan Magnum on 27 Jan 2016 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
ishootpaint

Military Base (Mission)

Post by ishootpaint »

After killing the ground bots get a friend with an armed chopper and chase down the truck and destroy it. It seems like it usally gets stuck in the town of gorka after it drives past the base.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Military Base (Mission)

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Alternatively, you could just armour up a decent vehicle and have a friend in a gunner seat, take the guards out and the truck :)

I like this idea - though would never try it myself... I find the guns hard to hit infantry :)
ishootpaint

Military Base (Mission)

Post by ishootpaint »

The landrover with the m2 would make quick work of the SUV indeed. I was just speaking of how ive cleared it but that was in the days of easy choppers. We just sniped all the ground bots and chased down the truck and lit it up with the chopper. I never got loot i felt was worth doing this mission for tho so i only did it a few times.
Winkiwoolf

Military Base (Mission)

Post by Winkiwoolf »

The SUV comes always from the south (Sabina Airfield). Try to shoot the wheels from the SUV to stop them. Maybe the driver will leave the car when you stop them.
andex

Military Base (Mission)

Post by andex »

thanks guys,

ive checked the videos but they didnt have this problem.

"A friend with an armed chopper" :lol:
its more like me and my trusty fire engine
... maybe its time to upgrade my ride ...

but i get the point. yesterday i searched the woods on both sides, both mountains, sevastopol and gorka, but maybe i was just unlucky.

ill try it again tonight if the mission is available.

ill try to focus the suv first, if i fail ill take a closer look at gorka
and maybe the helpful admin is available for a flyover in his blackhawk
ishootpaint

Military Base (Mission)

Post by ishootpaint »

Winkiwoolf wrote:The SUV comes always from the south (Sabina Airfield). Try to shoot the wheels from the SUV to stop them. Maybe the driver will leave the car when you stop them.
It always came from sevestopol for me. But like i said i havent done the mission since the last few updates.

Added in 23 minutes 55 seconds:
andex wrote:Recently i quit my PVP-only lifestlye
Dont get soft on us. Those fresh spawns wont shoot themselves :mrgreen:
Bammer-D

Military Base (Mission)

Post by Bammer-D »

The SUV will like to drive to the Martin area and chill near the mountain. Seems like the SUVs like to wander off their missions. The SUV for Plane Down will drive all the way to Gord if not engaged for a while.
osi1

Military Base (Mission)

Post by osi1 »

two times the SUV didn't spawn at all, but instead of it there was a storage box with nothing in it