Awkward sentence facebook Post

General discussion about the Mod.
sterchen

Post by sterchen »

OriginsModOfficial post from 30.01.2016 on facebook:
“Yes it is, we released an Origins Guard patch for that weeks ago, See the previous post below. Although since only 1 server has actually deactivated the skill system, and everyone was raging when we implemented it. Seems like the community is full of shit. “

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dear developers, before you write these words you should „put your hands on your own nose“ like an old german saying goes.
From the beginning of 1.8 in October 2015, a part of the community here in your forum told you that the skilling is badly implemented. YOUR reaction to the words from the community just after rollout from 1.8 was at ZERO percent! *headshaking*

With this new Guard Update at 14.01.2016 (!) you react much too late, cause many players are gone now and servers are down and I don’t think that your flaming with your facebook post above will get only one player back. :!:

Meanwhile 27 Serveradmins had adjust the Skillsystem.
Kind regards
Last edited by sterchen on 02 Feb 2016 18:42, edited 2 times in total.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Awkward sentence

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Owch - thats one way to communicate with your community. A remember a lot of players liked the skills idea (me included) it was just a little overkill with the amounts.

Anyway, our server has gone from 20 active players down to 4 now so the delay in adjusting this definitely hit us hard :(
sterchen

Awkward sentence

Post by sterchen »

Me and the guys from our Server liked the skills idea too, but for a uncertain number of players it was too hard to skills up until it gets a good result in repairing vehicles or heal injuries.
There are some players here in the community who writes posts, writes email and so on but here were NO REACTION - no statements, no questions pp. - from the developers in 2015 except at 26.11.2015 with patch 1.8.1 where the Skill learning progress time has been a little bit increased.

And now such incredible statement in facebook. I am shocked about that kind of way... :cry:
osi1

Post by osi1 »

this words are very bad. it frustrates me, because after i thought we could slightly improve the comunity-dev-relations, this is a new low. by now my understanding for their behaviour slowly dies.
and i can't understand, why they still don't get in touch with us. the past is the past, the times of the evil badmouthing comunity in this forum are gone and its time to start new or at least say once and for all:
"we don't care about the comunity, we develop this mod for our private treat, you have to be thankful for sharing it with you, and good bye."

but the behaviour now reminds me of an offended child
Last edited by osi1 on 02 Feb 2016 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
andex

Post by andex »

yeees, the communication was bad, is bad and will stay bad.

dont take it that serious.
there are a lot of harsh comments on fb and you can get really rude answers on ts aswell...

thats not a big company with a sensitive pr team,
just some guys providing us with the best arma2 mod ever.

give them a break :|
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Have to agree with andex here. While the words may be a bit harsh, they are still not as harsh as some of the comments twords them. Cut the guys some slack. They got flamed while people were waiting for 1.8 and they get flamed after because alot of people didnt like the changes. If them saying people are full of shit offends you personally i dont think online gaming or the internet in general is the right place for you.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

I do hope you are not referring any of this to me *sulks*.

This is the problem with the internet/forums/posts etc - it can be very easy to misinterpret ones statements.

I do feel for both devs and players but as I always say... the players will come back in due time. There may never be the same player base as there once was but people will always return. The devs will continue doing what they enjoy and whether or not it is released in a manner or content in which the player might want, we can only feedback our thoughts on it.

I have praised the devs for their work if not for their commitment to clear communication and their own forums.

As for the likes of Andex and ISP, get over yourselves :P
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:
As for the likes of Andex and ISP, get over yourselves :P
But my self righteousness is my best quality :( Nothing directed at anyone in general. I just think people blow it out of proportion because they said somthing. Communication is just not somthing they are masters of, but they are very gifted modders.

I will message joe about being a mod for the english forums since they arnt very active on here. Then you all can bask in my self righteousness and i promise not to use profanity or rudeness against any member of this forum unless it is directed at me first.

We as the community need to lead by example so this place isnt a hostile environment for the devs to post and answers questions. This is a community driven mod so we need to start acting like one.
Miggs

Post by Miggs »

I agree with ISP. I think a lot of it is taking out of context and perhaps misinterpreted.

Also they just posted this a few minutes ago in response to that comment:

"Alexander Himrich We didn't mention anyone in particular and don't recall you ever flooding us with hate. Anyone that ever wanted to help us got their chance to and will get their chance to, anyone that really supports us always gets thanked fully. We do apologize for saying the whole community, should have calmed down before posting, however a lot of people in the community just post negative things on purpose without even considering how much time we put in to this and when we post the real statistics in this case 1 server people get upset because they've been proven wrong. So its okay for people in the community to post negative things to us all the time and we write one comment and everyone gets sensitive. As for the forum, we are online every day till 4 - 5 am working on the mod alone. We haven't got time to be active everywhere even though we try our best. So if you want to help us with the forum you are welcome to come to our TS at any time."

I feel their above statement is valid... thoughts?
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

ISP you have my backing to be a mod here :)

+1