Originsmod 1.8.2 - Impressions

General discussion about the Mod.
andex

Post by andex »

FEEDBACK TIME!

What do you think?

I personally enjoy this patch, good job devs !
the naked santa hat bandits are real :mrgreen:

But thats just me, ive seen a lot of hate (that comes with every change)
and i can somehow understand them because they killed two more core elements of the mod.

Without a friend system teams needed better communication to prevent teamkills...

The direct connection between lvl and skin was a big motivation for a lot of players.
(HURRDURR look at me bandit 4 and shit)
(HURRDURR look at that noob back to survivor again)

two very unique features that are gone now.
i hope that doesnt affect the player base too much.

and i have to agree with the complaint about camo clothing, its way too easy to find.
5min after spawn and im wearing a full camo outfit, thats a bit too easy.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

andex wrote: The direct connection between lvl and skin was a big motivation for a lot of players.
(HURRDURR look at me bandit 4 and shit)
(HURRDURR look at that noob back to survivor again)

two very unique features that are gone now.
i hope that doesnt affect the player base too much.
I dont get what you are saying here Andex mate but I do agree that the spawn rates seem a bit high now.

I understand that new players dont want to spend hours grinding but its a survival game - not a walkthrough RPG to be completed in a few hrs.

I do like that new mods though, spent an hour or so last night and felt the little tweaks were really nice - good work here devs :)
TD

Post by TD »

Hey @ all

first, i love the 1.8.2 pach with all his add´s and changes. but i also have a little problem since i installed the patch. The Game lags quick every 7 seconds, what i had not before. Graphic settings are all on Low, Memory high. I did no changes on ths settings... Does someone have an Idea what teh problem can be? (im not alone with that problem, a friend of mine has the same)

regards

TD
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

It could be a problem with the spawn rates in the area you are in. I have seen a few framerate drop issues since the update in the bigger cities - my guess is that there are so many items/zeds spawning that the game engine is struggling to deal with it.
andex

Post by andex »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote: I dont get what you are saying here Andex
Yo Mr. Magnum:

pre 1.8.2. the outfits symbolized the players level.
you could see if someone is level 1, 2, 3 or 4.
The humanity system was directly linked to the player outfits.
the only way to "hide" your level was the ghillie suit.

for a lot of pvp players that was a status symbol, a prestige item, something to boast with.

the disire to reach level 4 kept them playing
it was like a longterm combat motivation

i know, the old outfits still exist and you have to be the corresponding level to wear them
but with all these custom outfits its not the same anymore.

Although i enjoy the fun with new silly outfits i can generally understand
these guys problems with the patch. but i hope they will adapt and keep playing.
osi1

Post by osi1 »

i'm very very happy with this patch, especially with the huge improvements in terms of better usability. the new hot keys, autorun, the audio toggle, this is a big step into the right direction

but i don't understand your concerns with the new clothing system.
you still have to get to the right lvl to wear the special hero/bandit outfits.
so for players, who are playing to get this "prestige" items, hasn't changed anything. they still have to reach lvl 4 to wear this special outfit.

i think with this new system the game becomes mor realistic and after all, realism is one of its key aspects as a survival game, if this kind of players only play to show others how great they are by wearing fancy outfits, maybe they should play a game like CS:GO oder LoL, where they can buy special skins or find them in crates/stashes/cases.

and the new grouping system:
Yet, i haven't tested it enough to finally judge it
but maybe it is a little bit too powerfull and with it the value of a good group intern communication is lost. so maybe just show them at the map(like wearing gps transmitter) and not at your screen with their names on their heads.
so you would need the radio to send your position and the gps to see this signals on the map. but only the signals of players which you have added/synchronised with

regards
GrandRoyal

Post by GrandRoyal »

Love the patch! Good work!
I think loot spawn faster now.. More updates in this direction ( can be small ones ) :)
SKT Techno

Post by SKT Techno »

Loved the patch too ! Good work ! Just one question , why the female outfist is rare ? i throught this was supposed to be like a male skins , common .
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

andex wrote: pre 1.8.2. the outfits symbolized the players level.
you could see if someone is level 1, 2, 3 or 4.
The humanity system was directly linked to the player outfits.
the only way to "hide" your level was the ghillie suit.

I get what you are saying now, and yes, I can see this being an issue for those who like to be seen as a 'guru' by getting to lvl 4 (especially as a bandit).

I guess the game needs to be tinkered for everyones likes and the hardcore gamers will still have their Sec B and other niche things to do. The casual gamers now get some fun by running around in tight shorts which look awful to me, but hey, someone will like them.

The update is nice, so many items and Ive run out of space already, loot runs are now a big issue for me as I filled a Ural in under an hour last night and have no base to protect it (fresh server).
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Love the clothes and especially all the toolbar options. One gripe i do have is when using the toolbar to switch primary wrapons there is no animation, it just swaps one for the other instantly. Where as going from primary to pistol still does the annimation. I know there wasnt one before but you had to open your gear and now its just an instant switch from m24 to saw.