Vladmir - Is it worth it?

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Ive just started on a new server and even though it already has one bandit (so I had better be careful what I give away here as he is active on the forums) I was thinking to myself, how many people build bases in Vlad and where?

Its obviously hard to get to, no spawn points if you die (I dont there are anyway but let me know if there is). So is the pain of having a base that is hard to reach after death worth it?

I know there are some spawns on Vlad that arent on the other islands but is it really worth it for a screw or a aluminium sheet?

I had a ridiculously large base on the old server that I played on but am thinking of something more discreet this time around, has anyone built up over Vlad way and if so, where and what were your reasons?
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Ive seen enests over by vlad before. While there are no close spawns you could put your safe or even lvl1 house near the coast by kamini. You could stock up on the craftable boats and have a quick ride back to vlad from kamini. I prefer to be between two spawn points so i have more than one spawn option. IMO its worth building by vlad if your gonna do an enest but not a traditional base.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

I'm not a fan of e-nests, they take ages going up a ladder, unlock hatch, another ladder etc. I just wont use 6 urals for storage like last time.

Ill have a little think tonight, Im liking the idea of the safe by the beach :P
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote: I just wont use 6 urals for storage like last time.
I dont believe you :lol: I always thought i was a hoarder until i saw your base lol.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Yes, I think my base was a little overkill last time, before the server finished my friend and I had amassed the following for Storage:

3 x Urals
3 x VS3's
1 x Maniac Truck
1 x SUV
1 x Scrap Bus
2 x lvl 1 - 4 Houses
2 x Small and Large garage
1 x Merlin
1 x Mi17h
1 x Humvee
5 x Storage boxes
2 x Safe

I can safely say that the walls themselves were the longest part of building the base, the vehicles just happened to get built over a 2 week period as we had ran out of room in our buildings :(
osi1

Post by osi1 »

Were you playing on a Pve server?
Or how did you manage it to stockpile such a great amount of vehicles?
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

No, it was a PvP server, not a lot of PvP went on as most PvP players came and went in quick succession.

My friend and I built up a well defended base so we could store the vehicles safely and had farmed the mats for a very large base surrounded by fencing. It was a fairly busy server but most people were friendly and just going about their business.

Getting the vehicles was easy, a few loot runs for parts and then one of us drove to find the vehicle we wanted and then the other person drove the new vehicle back. Easy

Added in 21 hours 38 minutes 56 seconds:
OK, so still looking for a base - went to Hefenburg castle or whatever you call it last night as I have been told its a good place to build a base but it gives me the message 'must build 130m away from a City' :(
andex

Post by andex »

i dont like novistrana bases.
its very far away, its way too quiet over there, nothing really special (a lot of explorers tho).
on 2 servers i built a novistrana base but not near vlad, always north-east, so i can spawn kameni and swim home within ~30 min.

The question is, what kind of base are you looking for?

a safe base ? (my way)
i dont want to get housed, no really, its my biggest fear.
big, flat open areas without obstacles so nobody can hide near the base (mountain tops, big beaches etc.)
houses built in u-shape or all facing the sea so that it is nearly impossible to kill me while i open/lock my house.

a useful base?
close to a spawn
next to some important resource (big military, big port)
all you need is in range (hospital,supermarket,industrial,military)

a beautiful base?
you know, it looks really cool and stuff
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Im actually playing on 2 servers just now. Both PvP but one heavily populated - US001, you may know it :)

So yes, US001 - A safe place really, think Ive found one.

My other more main server is quite quiet, looking for a place out of the way, but with a good size so I can build all my houses and garages, and again have my car park for vehicles and chopper :P

Thinking Northern part of main Island - any ideas welcome
andex

Post by andex »

woah, us001 is a bit more serious
i want to visit that server too
just to toss some nades into isp's base
but ping and timezones :|
whats your ping on us servers? is that a bit better nowadays?