Michaelov, why, just why?!

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Ok, so I dont get it... I just dont get it!

Michaelov was added in 1.8 but what incentive do I have to go there? Is it similar to Vlad in that it has some rarer loot drops?

I have only been down there a few times (when I went to the Saturn factory for a furnace) but other than a few runs round it and found some food, why would I want to go back?

I know Byelov is sort of, ish, close but again its like Vlad, no spawn point. Im beginning to think that these two newer places are kind of not getting the exclusivity that they deserve. Other than computer chips and elec circuits... who goes to Vlad now? I think Michaelov will go that way too...

Anyone actually do anything at these locations... what do you use them for?

Vlad for me is the alu sheets, screws, chips and circuits - I dont build out there.

Michaelov, Saturn factory and sometimes the big quarry for industrial loot but again, I just got Ekat for that.

Lets discuss...
andex

Post by andex »

A few months ago when int005 was still alive i had my base in the area,
so michaelov was my "hometown" for some time.

its really close to a spawnpoint (byelov ~2km).
there is a hospital, police station, 1 big supermarket, 3 small ones,
2 big industrials, 2 small garages and a gas station, some civilians and two barns.
everything you need to get your basic loot.
2 suvs and one gaika.
Its the biggest and only valuable city in the new area.

if u play on a full server and you dont have a big base or a big team you dont always have cars to get around
so you are happy to have a useful town around where you can get everything you need.

additionally its not a dead city, you meet a lot of players there.
people spawn in byelov, but byelov is deathmatch cental, hard to equip yourself there,
sabina is kinda dangerous aswell.
so people come to michaelov to grab some food/medical and a gun.
we had some nice low equip fights there.

<3 for michaelov
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Thanks for that Andex, its hard to get an understanding of all the areas - I kind of need to hear other people's experiences as its not like I build a base every few weeks. Ekat, Etanovsk and Lypestok is where Ive built so far in my 7-9 months of playing Origins.

Hmm, I could always build my Stronghold down there :P
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Andex kinda hit the nail on the head. Not sure your play style, but as a risk vs reward moving through the shadows kinda player using cars alot is a bit to high profile for my taste. So having a town near by with all the basics is a real plus. Its true there are much better places to loot but those places will be a war zone on higher populated servers. So if you like to keep to the shadows and keep a small footprint as to your whereabouts, smaller out of the way towns like this are the best place to be.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Yes, I guess my playing style is far too open - thats the problem when you have learned how to play on a quiet server with very few bandits. I will surely learn more by playing on a populated server with more PvP action - Ill be fresh meat fro a while
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:Ill be fresh meat for a while
You didn't do bad lastnight. Other than you should have shot that shady combat logging fool in the head when you had the chance :twisted:
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

I'll take a shot next time. Perhaps we will play US server tonight. I'll have to shoot then or I'll be dead :lol:
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Always better safe than sorry. Ive made some good friends from talking rather than shooting but that is few and far between.