Arma 3 origins :/

General discussion about the Mod.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Who can't play origins? I don't understand why you have such angst about the devs not being ready right now to port to arma 3. If your looking for a good server to play on come over to us001, it has a decent population with a default loadout. I also see taviana tactical maxed out at 60 alot if your more into crazy pvp action.
[DPN] Mr. Tumnus #Boredshitless

Post by [DPN] Mr. Tumnus #Boredshitless »

Dont know where your getting that from I'm simply asking about arma 3 cause me and many others loved origins so much we wanna see it again in fact you seem rather defensive when anyone mentions arma 3 lol. Many of us dont live in america I remember when origins had a decent amount of players not even at its peak there were 10 or so aus servers with plenty of people to fill them now im forced to play with 600ms on the us001 an offical server in my opinion arma 2 origins has seen better days and its not going to get any better its only going to go down in population from here no matter the content added. its time to move on an innovate you cant just sit in your happy little corner the world still changes take the improvements arma 3 offers as a gift not considering the time its gonna take to port thats just giving up on it. bye o/
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

I believe that what the devs are doing is right. Their experience is Arma 2 and they make a good mod for it. There are still players who play it (granted, not as many as before) and people will continue to play it. It will never be a game where people spend months playing it, but they will always return for a bit of fun.

Arma 3 at some point might get a mod similar to Origins but that is down to the community of Arma 3 to push for it - i'd try putting it on the Arma 3 forums and see what the appetite is like. Good luck
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Im not defensive at all. This topic has been covered time and again, especially on the FB page. Its a issue that has already been verified by the devs that a port wont happen anytime soon. The best way to get that to happen is to go on TS and offer any help you can. And i have a few aussies and new Zealanders in my group actually and they have pretty much no problem playing with me on us001. And me being american has nothing to do with anything. The closest origins server to me is a 1,000 miles away in canada and i play on EU servers all the time so dont act like i have some great advantage.

But just as a friendly warning, DO NOT talk to people in a condecending fashon on this forum. Just because there are some people that are content playing origins on arma 2 doesnt mean they are Neanderthals from the stone age that cant understand how arma 3 is a better platform. We know its better but origins wont be ported for a long time and we like playing origins. And also DO NOT use a persons nationality against them. I have strived to make this place fun, friendly and informative for everyone no matter where you are born. I cant help i was born in the US just like you cant help that you were born in one of the most remote places on the earth and have shitty ping. I view it the same as making racist comments against someone who didnt have a say so in the color of his skin.

However you are more than welcome to post here and be apart of this community. But be respectful of others and i assure you, you will get the same from all of us here.
osi1

Post by osi1 »

Maybe you could start a campaign at kickstarter to provide the devs with enough money to compensate the work/manpower they need to spend to make the port. ;)
But first they had to give us something like a stretchgoal for it. ;)
But i dont know if that would be a violation of the license and the condition of being a "non-profit" modification
Last edited by osi1 on 19 Mar 2016 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

Someone suggested to go play on the us001 server here is my problem rofl even those servers are dead during my time and even then I doubt they ever fill up and no im not going to provide money to the devs when I see no attempt or progress with arma 3 if anything it will continue them pushing for arma 2 at this point you guys gotta wait for someone to steal origins and port it to arma 3 hay desolation is half way there they got the map in which the devs claimed would take along time and be out of wack well it aint.
Attachments
20160319180006_1.jpg
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Lol. Then go play somthing else. You cant expect the devs to port to arma 3 so poor little tumnus can have the experience he wants. And the devs dont host the servers themselves, thats handled by lagfreeservers.com. so if anything petition them to open servers in your global region. And for the love of god man use some punctuation. You sound like a whiney 14 year old who is flunking english class with that massive run on sentence.

Unless you have ideas on how to help the devs port to arma 3 you may want to just find your next gripe. You want all these things from the mod and devs but havent yet proposed how to achieve them. Ambition without clear goals and a plan goes nowhere. Osi1 had a good idea with the kickstart campaign. If you want origins on arma 3 that bad put your money where your mouth is and start reading into the subject and volunteer to help. And even once that happens there no guarentee you will get server support in your area unless they change hosting companies also. Its very expensive to expand a business to the most remote country on earth.
osi1

Post by osi1 »

I dont know what "your" time is, But give the server
"bierstuebchen" a try.
It is a ger/eng server with active admins, nice comunity and one of the top 4 servers in terms of player count.
And even at morning times there are a few players online.
I can highly recommend it, it is the server I'm playing on and maybe i can help you to get a good start or find someone to gear / team up.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

osi1 wrote:I dont know what "your" time is, But give the server
"bierstuebchen" a try.
It is a ger/eng server with active admins, nice comunity and one of the top 4 servers in terms of player count.
And even at morning times there are a few players online.
I can highly recommend it, it is the server I'm playing on and maybe i can help you to get a good start or find someone to gear / team up.
Im sure he will find something wrong there too lol. I tried being helpful but he wants to have his cake and eat it too. But let me know if your serious about a kickstart campaign and ill help out however i can. This seems to be a good way to get the ball rolling on an arma 3 port.

And i do feel bad for you tumnus that you cant really play with good ping. But theres nothing that can be done about it here.

ishootpaint wrote:DO NOT talk to people in a condecending fashon on this forum.
ishootpaint wrote:You sound like a whiney 14 year old who is flunking english class with that massive run on sentence.
o// well done your a mod here? This is what I'm talking about origins is not what it use to be its old and stale 3 people on us001 ofcourse that is a problem rofl. I came to this forums at the starting asking for them to please consider this as me and many others want to play origins again but you have hijacked this topic in an attempt to silence other opinions for whatever reason its rather sad.

Added in 4 minutes 27 seconds:
And without the devs stating that they would attempt an arma 3 port I will not be donating money lol I use to rent a server for a very long time when origins was alive and well with a good community I even donated every now and then. Pretty sure I did my part for origins

Added in 28 seconds:
And without the devs stating that they would attempt an arma 3 port I will not be donating money lol I use to rent a server for a very long time when origins was alive and well with a good community I even donated every now and then. Pretty sure I did my part for origins