Arma 3 origins :/

General discussion about the Mod.
[DPN] Mr. Tumnus #Boredshitless

Post by [DPN] Mr. Tumnus #Boredshitless »

I know, I know I'm sure the devs are said they don't want to do arma 3 but just not enough people play arma 2 any more (no arma 2 origins Australia server) its kinda disappointing origins was in my book the best mod for dayz out there so much new stuff and much prefer the base building in origins. Now that arma 3 is stable better fps and performance than arma 2 in my opinion plus better graphics is a nice touch I see no reason not to give arma 3 origins ago people are so nostalgic about it the entire reason people are playing desolation is cause of you guys but desolation is going no where (shit dev) so please reconsider making origins for arma 3 I know you put a lot of effort into your mod for arma 2 and don't want the problems that come with porting it over, I know for a fact that the map works fine desolation as stolen your origins map and it works fine on arma 3 so what about the slight size increase you don't really notice it.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

[DPN] Mr. Tumnus #Boredshitless wrote: but desolation is going no where (shit dev)
Its going nowhere because they ran out of content and scripts to steal from other mods :lol: I would love to see origins on arma3 for alot of the reasons you mentioned but i dont think it will happen soon. Maybe if enough people with good modding experience step forward to help with the port over it may happen a bit sooner. But at the same time for some reason arma 2 just feels better for a zombie survival game. I keep my arma 3 play zombie free.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

I think the time and effort to switch over to Arma 3 wouldnt be worth the hassle just for a few prettier pixels. If people want to play Origins, then they will play on Arma 2 (more ppl probably own Arma 2 anyway).

The reason Origins is quiet is that people have found other things to do, the whole Zombie apocalypse idea has kind of run its time now - Im sure there will be a time it comes back :)

We will see what happens but I think it is makes more sense to continue with Arma 2... we are so far into development now that you would lose much progression to try and port it to Arma 3.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

And like i have said in the past, arma 3 is still very much being developed and changed all the time. So the devs would constantly be doing compatibility patches instead of working on new content which IMO is the lifeblood of Origins Mod. I think thats one of the things that has kept me playing all these years, new unique content. Its not like other mods that really just add weapons and vehicles ive seen and used in arma 2 vanilla before. Origins devs actually make custom content for their mod instead of using assets that are ready there in alot of cases.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Yes, +1 to the mods for that :)

The zombies on arma 3 desolation are better than arma 2 origins zombies even if they are stolen still I dont know when you played it last but I think arma 3 is ready exile is very popular I just think people have moved on from arma 2 the majority anyway you dont see content creators doing much with arma 2 anymore and arma 3 adds alot of innovation a would offer so much more new things to do I see to oftern the devs stating that they are limited by the arma 2 engine compared to arma 3 anyway thats just me.

I'm sure others would agree with me but I'm only talking to those who have stayed with arma 2 here and not the majority who have moved on
osi1

Post by osi1 »

no matter if it would be good or bad to port the mod to arma3, i think it is to much work for the devs to do.
but maybe they could give us some idea of how much efford they had to put in.
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Arma 3 deffinantly has its advantages and i have played it for 100s of hours. But i think the point everyone is missing is i dont think the devs care about what the majority of gamers want(in a good way). Dota and league of legends are wildly popular but alot of people cant stand them. Origins Mod seems to be a mod that caters to the smaller niche of players that like a deeper and more rewarding dayz experience. If thats the game the devs have a vision to make i am more than happy to play it on arma 2.

Would i like to see it come to arma 3, hell ya. Nobody here has ever said they wouldnt. But i believe the devs are not ready to make that jump yet and as a community based mod we need to support their decisions. After all they are just people that have lives and Families, and may not want to invest the time to port at the moment.

I think the port will happen but only once the devs are ready. And the more we give our support, feedback and volunteer our skills we may have, the faster we will get to that stage of porting to arma 3.

Where's Andex when i need him with his man beating a dead horse gif.....

People who do love origins cant even play it its gotten to the point where the small niche community it is way to small to even consider renting a server cause no one will join it we use to have so many options server wise now I can count the origins servers on one hand