Speculation

General discussion about the Mod.
ishootpaint

Speculation

Post by ishootpaint »

Im sure everyone has seen the unused weapons section in the skills tab. So should it be assumed that weapons will have quality like vehicle parts. Then be repaired to green quality once you find the weapons field manual and complete the task like the parts. I also hope this means there will be a weapon attachment system happening in the future. Any thoughts on how those empty spaces will be implemented.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Speculation

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

This will definitley go down the route of 'modding' weapons. If any of you have played PayDay2 I would assume the devs are going to implement something along those lines i.e. Scopes, Red dot, bigger mags, different grips and possibly different stencils.

With this and the amount of clothing available now, they will surely have to increase the item space in houses and vehicles.
ishootpaint

Speculation

Post by ishootpaint »

I havent played any of the pay day games bit that sounds about what i had in mind. Possibly have the guns in sections that makes sense in real life gun building. You have your receiver, barrel with grips, sights and stock. That way you could easily mix and match to suit your needs. Of course the longer the barrel the longer the effective range and using a fixed stock should give better accuracy than a folding/adjustable stock since they will have a little bit of play where the moving parts are.

Every part should have a strength and weakness in the terms of what the guns role is. For longer ranges you want a fixed stock with a full rifle length barrel. And in cqc you would want an adjustable/folding stock with a carbine or shorter length barrel.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Speculation

As long as they keep it level headed and you cant start to create new parts for guns that would never be... i.e. a long range scope on a pistol.
ishootpaint

Speculation

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:As long as they keep it level headed and you cant start to create new parts for guns that would never be... i.e. a long range scope on a pistol.
Agreed, but would love to see a scope for the lee enfield. Ive seen revolvers with scopes on them in RL but only for very specialized hunting. So that may be realistic to add but with the drop .45 ammo has it would be for short precision shots.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Speculation

I also hope that you get the option of adding silencers to pretty much everything :)

Its so hard to get started on a server without a silenced weapon when you start with nothing :P
ishootpaint

Speculation

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:Its so hard to get started on a server without a silenced weapon when you start with nothing :P
Your just spoiled by servers that start you off well equipped lol. Back in my day there were no custom loadouts. :mrgreen: . I would love to put a suppressor on my AKM.
osi1

Speculation

Post by osi1 »

Does anyone know how many people/devs are working at the mod/development team?

So i could guess better how long it will take to implement this/new features and for a better appreciation of their work.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Speculation

ishootpaint wrote: Your just spoiled by servers that start you off well equipped lol. Back in my day there were no custom loadouts. . I would love to put a suppressor on my AKM.
Indeed, my current loadout is 1 drink, 1 food, 1 cloth and an APSSD with 1 mag. A silenced weapon is perfect to start with on any PvP server, but if you start with a Makarov then its quite a bit harder to get anywhere ;)
ishootpaint

Speculation

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:
ishootpaint wrote: Your just spoiled by servers that start you off well equipped lol. Back in my day there were no custom loadouts. . I would love to put a suppressor on my AKM.
Indeed, my current loadout is 1 drink, 1 food, 1 cloth and an APSSD with 1 mag. A silenced weapon is perfect to start with on any PvP server, but if you start with a Makarov then its quite a bit harder to get anywhere ;)
You damn kids and your fancy loadouts lol :roll: That loadout isnt that bad tho. Much better than a few random servers ive joined that start you off with a m4ccosd or another with a bizon sd and 4 mags. Who the hell needs 254 sd rounds in a starting loadout lol. But hey, to each their own. I usally try to never shoot starting off unless i absolutely must to defend myself from a player or took a risk and got boxed in by Zs.