Helmets

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Helmets

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

So I have come across quite a few helmets now. So is there a 'best' helmet for overall or are they specific to protection against certain weapon types?

They might just be for looks, but Im thinking there is more to it than that!
ishootpaint

Helmets

Post by ishootpaint »

I was also wondering if one protects better than others. Cant imagine the RU tank helmet would protect better than the regular military one since the tank ones are pretty much just leather. They were made to not hit your head inside the tank and knock yourself out on accident and have 0 ballistic protection.
Miggs

Helmets

Post by Miggs »

I have found the "best" one is the SWAT Helmet. I have popped a clan mate in the head with a APSSD with no death and minimal damage. All the others I have always died with a headshot, could just be bad luck I guess...
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Helmets

I havent found a SWAT one, is this found in Police Stations? I would have thought the Military Barracks up in Vlad area would be be best bet for finding the best loot.
foppe96

Helmets

Post by foppe96 »

i found 4 swat helmets in sec b loot
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Helmets

Ah ok then. Ill have a look again this weekend.
ishootpaint

Helmets

Post by ishootpaint »

foppe96 wrote:i found 4 swat helmets in sec b loot
This may be the only place to get it. I remember in the 1.8.2 launch video them mentioning that some helmets would only be found on sector b. Im assuming there is also clothing exclusive to sector b.
Miggs

Helmets

Post by Miggs »

Yes the SWAT Helmets are sect b exclusive, they seem to always be in the loot (two per pile). Also we have not found any other clothing there, not even one time.
Loki

Helmets

Post by Loki »

Miggs wrote:Yes the SWAT Helmets are sect b exclusive, they seem to always be in the loot (two per pile). Also we have not found any other clothing there, not even one time.
I am curious on how you are dealing with sector after 1.8.2...
Would you mind doing a video on a full run?
Miggs

Helmets

Post by Miggs »

Loki wrote:
Miggs wrote:Yes the SWAT Helmets are sect b exclusive, they seem to always be in the loot (two per pile). Also we have not found any other clothing there, not even one time.
I am curious on how you are dealing with sector after 1.8.2...
Would you mind doing a video on a full run?

Loki,

Regretfully with the dynamic spawns how we approach it varies quite a bit and often results in a few deaths and even failed attempts. We were hoping to post another video (we have posted sect b clearing vids over many patches) however it's often messy and we do not think it would really be helpful. We may post the contents of the loot piles again if there is any interest? However getting a regular method on how to clear is pretty much impossible with the dynamic spawns.