Random missions or not?

General discussion about the Mod.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Random missions or not?

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

So I was discussing missions with friends yesterday and we were trying to identify when or how a mission chooses where to spawn.

Whilst we know having a player in a certain place will spawn a mission at the given time i.e. every 20 mins or 40 mins etc, how does the game decide which mission to spawn? I can understand that if there is only 1 player and he is near Yaroslav airport when the timer is up, then it is a high chance that the Taviana Sniper mission will spawn (if missions are purely activated by player interaction in an area).

Now here is my further point... if there are say 10 players playing when the timer is up, how does the game know which mission to spawn - would it be where the player who has been on the server the longest (i.e. 3hrs of playing)?

Any ideas?
ishootpaint

Random missions or not?

Post by ishootpaint »

Ive honestly never really thought about it since i dont really do the missions much. Ive never noticed any pattern, just figured it was pure RNG to decide which mission goes live. Even when im the only person on a server the missions seem to be all over the place and not just the areas ive interacted with and visited. People that do missions alot should have some more solid input than me as usally i just check the missions so i dont run through them on accident.
osi1

Random missions or not?

Post by osi1 »

i think it is completely random.
we do missions alot but i'm never alone on the server so i can't confirm it 100%

but for example the mission "bandits in a castle" seems to be as common as "death squad sector b" and dubovo airport/bylove's cement is much more freqented by players than those castle in the north of the UN base.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Random missions or not?

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

ISP, as a moderator, is there anyway you can get in contact with the Devs to answer questions? Can you get answers yourself?
ishootpaint

Random missions or not?

Post by ishootpaint »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:ISP, as a moderator, is there anyway you can get in contact with the Devs to answer questions? Can you get answers yourself?
I can jump on TS sometime and see if they have a minute to talk. The problem is i believe they are all in europe and they may not be awake when im at my house on the computer. I really have no contact with the devs aside from joe powell from time to time. Ill see what i can do tonight tho.

As we discussed before im still thinking about recording some Origins Mod informational videos and the missions and how they work would be a good one. Im sure for that purpose the devs would spare some time to clarify things so all the information in them is correct and verified. The biggest hurdle is my amateur video editing skills lol.
andex

Random missions or not?

Post by andex »

osi1 wrote: i think it is completely random.
99,67% sure it is
ishootpaint wrote: im still thinking about recording some Origins Mod informational videos
yes pls, you got yt channel to sub yet?
ishootpaint

Random missions or not?

Post by ishootpaint »

andex wrote:yes pls, you got yt channel to sub yet?
Not yet. Still messing around with lightworks to make sure i can even do editing worth a damn on free software and 0 video editing experience. If anyone wants to help out in any way you can let me know. It might get some new players intetested if there are well done information videos on youtube for the mod.