Remove Vehicle Parts

General discussion about the Mod.
King Joffrey

Remove Vehicle Parts

Post by King Joffrey »

Hey there,

to level the mechanic books it says that I have to remove tires and other vehicle parts. I´ve googled alot but I just cant find a thing about how to remove those parts. It came to my mind that it maybe has to do with the last tool that im missing in my bag, my friends and I have everything except the one thing that belongs into that slot.

So any ideas? :)
osi1

Remove Vehicle Parts

Post by osi1 »

Hey
to remove vehicle parts from vehicles you need to open the context menu the same way you open the one for installing vehicle parts. It is under it.
To do that/get this option, you need a certain mechanic skill level.
But if you currently are skilling the mechanic books 1.x/2.x/3.x, you just have to mount wheels, engines etc.
(a lot)
Removing and disassambleing is only necessary for the special books like "Vulcanization of Rubber"
Malau

Remove Vehicle Parts

Post by Malau »

I love the idea of the skill trees, but i've been stuck on the basic mechanic levels for over 200 hours, or 1 week. No matter how many times I change engines, tyres, fuel tanks, etc to random vehicles I come across, my little green bars never seem to move. It's becoming dispiriting. I never even get a message that i've gained experience like I do with the medic skills when I take painkillers, so I don't know if the mechanic skill tree is even working for me ?

It's kind of silly that you can change vehicle wheels to your heart's content, but you absolutely cannot remove a wheel until you have added x hundred ! Even Rain Man could work how to remove a car wheel without reading a book.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Remove Vehicle Parts

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Hi Malau,

To progress in the mechanics levels, you just need to fit new parts. It doesnt work by adding a wheel, removing it and adding it again if that is what you are thinking For instance I dont know the numbers specifically, but if you looting the industrial areas at Ekateringberg - find engines and add that to the a vehicle you will progress your bar. I would say you could be looking at a total of 60 engines to complete it.

Im lvl 3.3 and it took me hrs and hrs of hard grinding. I found it best at Ekat and I just ran around in a big loop, and once I had wheels, engines, windows etc, I just added them to the scrap buggy which is usually by the medical centre :)

Good luck, hope my advice helps!
Malau

Remove Vehicle Parts

Post by Malau »

Grinding - thats a word i've heard ALOT about this version of Origins ! :D

I'm not high enough a level to be able to remove a vehicle part, i'm on something like 1.3, i've been stuck on it for 40 hours of gameplay now. Medic skills give me a message when they increase, Mech skills never seem to. I feel like i've done way more than 60 engines, but obviously I can;t have done. Back to the grind for me then.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Remove Vehicle Parts

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

I dont mind the grinding part, I actually liked the challenge and the skills are fairly logical. An experienced mechanic will always be able to fix a vehicle to a better lvl. As for Heli's, these should be end game and again, I like the fact that people cant just log on and go and get a heli like they used to be able to.