The Walkie Talkie and non-active mission crates ?

General discussion about the Mod.
Malau

Post by Malau »

Why does the Walkie Talkie screech at non-active mission crates ?
Is there something it is supposed to screech at that's worth investigating ?
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Those crates actually have nothing to do with the missions. Each restart they have a 50% chance to spawn electrical circuits. The static noise on the radio helps guide you to them if you do not know their exact location.
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

ishootpaint wrote: Those crates actually have nothing to do with the missions. Each restart they have a 50% chance to spawn electrical circuits. The static noise on the radio helps guide you to them if you do not know their exact location.
Exactly that! There are the little military pill boxes around the map (especially on the islands) where hydraulic pumps/electrical circuits can be found. The static noise can help detect whether there are any electrical circuits around the vicinity.

That paint knows a lot :P
Malau

Post by Malau »

All the crates I have found by radio noise, none of them has a sweet spot to access the gear, but you say the noise means I should find a circuit inside ?
Thomas Sullivan Magnum

Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Yes, I believe so, the noise means that there is an electric circuit nearby.
spuduk3

Post by spuduk3 »

the noise is that one of these boxes that could possibly contain an electrical circuit, it is a 50-50 chance of one being there on the server restart, it is not 100% that one will be there
andex

Post by andex »

the noise indicates the crate not the circuit.

you cant gear the crates, its a small green item right on top. you can see it when you run by.

btw. i still dont believe its 50%. more like 25% or even less, but maybe im just unlucky
ishootpaint

Post by ishootpaint »

Now that You mention it, it does seem that since 1.8 they dont spawn as many map wide as they did before. 25% chance does seem more like what the chance is. Or we both are just unlucky lol.
osi1

Post by osi1 »

I also don't belive the 50% guess.
It must be far below :(
Malau

Post by Malau »

About the walkie talkie - it doesn't seem to work like in Epoch, where you can use Group Chat, does it ? My friend and I tried it (group chat) whilst standing next to each other, we couldn't see each other's text.
We could see each other's names above our heads, but that's it.

Thinking about it now, is the default setting of the W-T OFF, not ON ? Maybe this is it ? The WT has to be ON and the default is OFF ? Or doesn't it work like the Epoch WT at all ?