future of origins

General discussion about the Mod.
[oPoS] Nidico ︻デ═一

future of origins

Post by [oPoS] Nidico ︻デ═一 »

Hey,

I recognized, that only "ishootpaint" is active anymore, so I'm talking to you.
First of all, DayZ Origins is a great mod and in my eyes even better than DayZ SA.
The problem I have, is, that I wanted to make a Origins or Overpochins Server for a
7-Days-LAN-Party with around 20 friends, but then I realized, that the server files aren't public.
In some ways I can understand this decision, really, but for me it isn't possible to afford an server,
because I'm a student. And another reason is, that the whole DayZ Mod community is dying, the
origins community, too. Maybe now the moment came to rethink the concept. You don't have to publish
the server files to everyone, for sure not, but what about a compromise? For example you can sell
for a little amount of money to private persons, who also sign an agreement, to not publish the server files.
There are a lot of ways to go, but at the moment, DayZ Origins is slowly dying and it could be revived, with
such simple actions. Please don't let it die. Other developers are waiting to bring this project to new levels.

Greetings, Nico Dietz
ishootpaint

future of origins

Post by ishootpaint »

I don't have access to any origins mod source files or server files, simply a moderator. I'm not sure if we will ever get the server files but it would be nice honestly.
=(eGO)=GoldenPSP

future of origins

Post by =(eGO)=GoldenPSP »

I would concur it would be nice to see the files get released vs. the mod just dying completely. Keep in mind due to the licensing of arma2/dayz mod content there really isn't any way that the devs can "sell" this mod.

Honestly, being the conspiracy theorist that i am, I don't think we will ever see the server files until lagfree origins servers die off to the point that they aren't making any money. (I fully believe lagfree servers is run by the origins devs and is how they fund their mod).

I just hope when the end comes they don't take their ball and go home.