M16 Acog gone?

General discussion about the Mod.
MiRoH

M16 Acog gone?

Post by MiRoH »

Hey guys after a rather long break im back to play Origins.
I tried to find my favourite gun, the M16 Acog. No luck.

I wonder did it got removed from the game?
ishootpaint

M16 Acog gone?

Post by ishootpaint »

It may not spawn as a complete rifle anymore. You may have to add the acog to a m16 to make it.
osi1

M16 Acog gone?

Post by osi1 »

Hey ishootpaint,
saw you at the DesolationRedux forum ;)
Are you still in contact with a dev/the dev team? And do you know if they are still active?

When i saw DesolationRedux and their approach of providing a basic `arma3-zombie-survival framework` for further content and gameplay delivering plugins and maps, i immediately thought about Origins.
Maybe this could be a way how the OriginsMod dev team could port their mod to arma3 in the most efficent way.
All the basic work is done/or will be done by the Redux team and the OriginsMod, its content and the Taviana map could be reorganised in a plugin.
This way, the devs keep their rights reserved and the mod content/server files private.
And the new, private Origins plugin can be run exclusively on their nolagservers to generate revenue.

Of course, it would be a huge amount of work to port all the stuff to arma3, but at least they don't have to start at the bottom.
Maybe they get help from the Redux team.
And some game mechanics like AI missions/clothing/weapon customisation are already available in arma3.
The biggest piece of work would be porting the map, i think.

And as another neat side effect, the OriginsMod can get rid of its DayZ odd ends, as far as i know, all the stuff like the "dayz.pbo", "dayz_anim.pbo" etc is alread redone by the Redux team.

What do you think? I know, it's a lot of wishful thinking, but i'm sick of everybody's complaints about a missing port and the lack of constructive approaches, maybe this could be a first step ;) :)

regards
ishootpaint

M16 Acog gone?

Post by ishootpaint »

Saw you there also lol. I know they are still doing origins but not sure what exactly they are planning or working on. I do like your idea tho.

And thank you for actually thinking of a solution to bring origins to arma 3 instead of just complaining wih no constructive input.