Description of new system of weight

General discussion about the Mod.
Homer

Re: Vote for a new system of weight

Post by Homer »

We have to take in consideration that this vote is kinda hollow.

I have a lot of people that like the weight system but they dont care about a voting or the discussion about it.

But those that dont like it will come and vote.
mersk

Post by mersk »

Homer wrote:We have to take in consideration that this vote is kinda hollow.

I have a lot of people that like the weight system but they dont care about a voting or the discussion about it.

But those that dont like it will come and vote.
Are you trying to say that the poll has no point?
Waffeleisen

Post by Waffeleisen »

he just want to say that people who like the weight system don't vote and players who hate the system come to remove it.
mersk

Post by mersk »

Waffeleisen wrote:he just want to say that people who like the weight system don't vote and players who hate the system come to remove it.
I know that's what he said. But I know a lot of people who don't like it and also don't vote. So it's merely speculation and holds no empirical value.

What I'm asking is if the vote will be disregarded if it ends like it stands now. If that's the case, what was the point of it to start with?
Homer

Post by Homer »

Its my personal opinion.

If they asked the community about the major updates (land mass, game changes etc) then the updates would take a lot more time to get out.

Its like in all updates. The players that complain will come to the forum.
mersk

Post by mersk »

That's a very easy way to invalidate the opinions of the people who criticise. You can use the same logic to invalidate all criticism.

Even if what you say is true, should we just ignore the people who voice their opinions on the forum if they're not 100% happy about something? Isn't that the whole point of the forum, to share opinions?

Besides, I'm not saying they should ask the community about EVERY change they make. I'm only talking about major changes to the gameplay, and the weight system/trader/lockable vehicles are such things. Everyone likes new landmass. Everyone likes bug fixes. Everyone likes new buildings. Also, stuff like weight system, trader and lockable vehicles are things a lot of people relate to other mods, and personally, the lack of these things were one of the main reasons I liked Origins.
rokyoface

Post by rokyoface »

mersk wrote:That's a very easy way to invalidate the opinions of the people who criticise. You can use the same logic to invalidate all criticism.

Even if what you say is true, should we just ignore the people who voice their opinions on the forum if they're not 100% happy about something? Isn't that the whole point of the forum, to share opinions?

Besides, I'm not saying they should ask the community about EVERY change they make. I'm only talking about major changes to the gameplay, and the weight system/trader/lockable vehicles are such things. Everyone likes new landmass. Everyone likes bug fixes. Everyone likes new buildings. Also, stuff like weight system, trader and lockable vehicles are things a lot of people relate to other mods, and personally, the lack of these things were one of the main reasons I liked Origins.
This guy^^^^ he gets meeeeee!

I really love origins, even after all the bullshit that we have had to endure with server hosts and BIS, and I don't even try to understand what happened with GP and like half the devs. But why are people who are supposed to represent the mod in some shape or fashion, even those who just assume the role to help the community, have to trash people giving very good opinions in a well mannered way. I would understand if we were in here like f you devs s my d blah blah blah. The attitude of this is what WE want get used to it is such a crappy attitude for you guys to have. I mean the only reason the mod is alive is because the die hards couldn't let them give up on it. So shouldn't added features be what your bread and butter day in and day out players actually want? I mean most people think its a cool concept just needs tweaked, these are the people who aren't voting they are too busy playing. Just bow out gracefully and show the people who actually give two shits about this mod some respect and meet them in the middle somewhere.
Homer

Post by Homer »

This is my opinion has a veteran player. And I still don't get why all this remove talk.

-Is it that hard? - Ok, now you cannot walk around with 400kg in you backpack like it was nothing, but it hasn't affected gameplay has much has people tend to say, you can still carry a lot of items and guns, and big backpacks are still useful because the Devs remembered to add a weight reduction for each one, this system makes the players have to think, and in my opinion that bothers a lot of people.
-Is it a rip off from Epoch? - Ive never played Epoch, but Ive heard that the weight system there is just awful, and like I said before, Ive been playing games with weight systems since I started gaming (try Fallout 1 and 2 for example), so they didn't invented it. But its funny that the "community" wants some things from other mods.
I mean the only reason the mod is alive is because the die hards couldn't let them give up on it.

Just bow out gracefully and show the people who actually give two shits about this mod some respect and meet them in the middle somewhere.
You are truly correct, its because of those that believe in the mod and didn't flamed when it all came crashing down, those that offered to help instead of moving to other mods, and the Devs that still worked on the Mod after what the loyalty that the "community" show them after the BIS/GP problem.

Look, the weight system is new, and has something new we cannot just trow it away, like almost everything in Origins its still work in progress and it will be updated and improved using the constructive opinion of the players, and this is very important.
badass68

Post by badass68 »

lmfao at the comments. So basically post and vote if you don't like it, but we don't care as we like it, and people who don't vote like it, so its staying anyway.

Reality of it is Origins had its own UNIQUE version of weight system which i always preferred. This was achieved by increasing the amount of slots that each item required for you to carry. Engine -6 Wheel- 4 RF -6 etc etc

Over a period of time this has been altered i.e. Items have been reduced slots.
This couple with Bag size increase has aloud players to carry more items.

Make the larger bags more difficult to get and put the shit back to the bigger slots and Origins has its own UNIQUE system again. Remove the explorer from the Alien camp and put in a Traveler. Make that shit really hard to get and worth while having. I used to remember the excitement in finding an Alice pack ffs.

See below
Czech Vest Pouch 6
Patrol Pack 8
Assault Pack 12
Czech Backpack 16
Alicepack 20
Backpack Coyote 24 - Hens teeth
Traveler 32 - rare
Mega 40 - Very rare
Explorer 48 - Impossibly rare
Adventure 56 - In myth and legend only.

Re tweak the bags, slots, Item sizes etc.

People talk about it being more realistic but its not !! and its not fun. More realistic would be that as you get tired you drop the item that's to heavy. How many off us have actually collapsed and broke legs by carrying something lol. I wouldn't think not that many. The natural thing for any living thing is survive and if the weight is damaging you it gets dropped or you wouldnt be able to lift it in the first place.

Please don't get confused why we all play this game. Its a game lets have fun with it. But seriously if your not willing to listen to opinions that Don't reflect what you want then Don't fuckin ask or put a poll up.

And if that is the case then my comments have been totally waisted.

Im not really sure maybe you are trying to be more like the most popular mod at present to bring more new players in. The Origins team is better than this.

Well done on the rest of the Update though. Some really nice landscapes and areas to explore.
wnB|striker4ever

Post by wnB|striker4ever »

badass68 wrote:lmfao at the comments. So basically post and vote if you don't like it, but we don't care as we like it, and people who don't vote like it, so its staying anyway.

Reality of it is Origins had its own UNIQUE version of weight system which i always preferred. This was achieved by increasing the amount of slots that each item required for you to carry. Engine -6 Wheel- 4 RF -6 etc etc

Over a period of time this has been altered i.e. Items have been reduced slots.
This couple with Bag size increase has aloud players to carry more items.

Make the larger bags more difficult to get and put the shit back to the bigger slots and Origins has its own UNIQUE system again. Remove the explorer from the Alien camp and put in a Traveler. Make that shit really hard to get and worth while having. I used to remember the excitement in finding an Alice pack ffs.

See below
Czech Vest Pouch 6
Patrol Pack 8
Assault Pack 12
Czech Backpack 16
Alicepack 20
Backpack Coyote 24 - Hens teeth
Traveler 32 - rare
Mega 40 - Very rare
Explorer 48 - Impossibly rare
Adventure 56 - In myth and legend only.

Re tweak the bags, slots, Item sizes etc.

People talk about it being more realistic but its not !! and its not fun. More realistic would be that as you get tired you drop the item that's to heavy. How many off us have actually collapsed and broke legs by carrying something lol. I wouldn't think not that many. The natural thing for any living thing is survive and if the weight is damaging you it gets dropped or you wouldnt be able to lift it in the first place.

Please don't get confused why we all play this game. Its a game lets have fun with it. But seriously if your not willing to listen to opinions that Don't reflect what you want then Don't fuckin ask or put a poll up.

And if that is the case then my comments have been totally waisted.

Im not really sure maybe you are trying to be more like the most popular mod at present to bring more new players in. The Origins team is better than this.

Well done on the rest of the Update though. Some really nice landscapes and areas to explore.
This sir +1