Can't get servers to load.

General discussion about the Mod.
Lordlee

Can't get servers to load.

Post by Lordlee »

I did the steps to launch dayz origins through steam.

Did the following steps:

"After installing the game, click on STEAM Arma 2 OA the right mouse button and choose "properties".
Next, go to the section Beta version.
Select the item "beta -" option from menu.
Go to the "General" tab.
Next click on "Set Launch Options".
Insert the startup parameters "-mod=EXPANSION;@DayzOrigins" -nosplash -world=empty -nopause.
Close the Preferences window.
Next go to the folder with the game Arma 2.
Copy "Addons" folder.
Go to the folder with the game Arma 2 OA steam version
It is on the way: the folder "steam"- "steamapps"- "common"- "arma 2 operation arrowhead".
Paste in this directory copied folder addons.
That's it, now you can play origins mod on the steam version of arma 2 OA."

Now when i load the arma 2 operations arrowhead in steam. The game comes up saying DAyz origins 1.7.9

When i go to multiplayer it says retreiving and sits there for about a minute. Then goes to the server page. Never displaying any servers. I then click filters and make sure everything is correct and hit ok. No servers ever appear. I have done the exact same steps on my laptop sitting infront of me.

Any clue how to fix this?
Flosstradamus

Re: Can't get servers to load.

Post by Flosstradamus »

You don't have to do any of that anymore. 125548 isn't a beta patch anymore. It's a stable version. Basically make sure you are set to 125548 whether you get it from DZC or another source. DL the torrent from this site for patch 1.7.9 and stick the @DayzOrigins folder in your default Arma 2 OA directory. Then launch arma 2 from steam and go to expansions and make sure Origins is enabled(If it isn't then enable it and it will require a restart of the game). Then you should see the background of origins and able to join any server.