Yes, nice idea!
49%
No (Write why at comments)
51%

Total votes: 111

stealth#

Re: Ability to reduce amount of vehicles

Post by stealth# »

On really full/populated servers its hard enough to earn one. they´re mainly in the garages, not active at the same time. it should stay like it is at the moment.
Gank

Post by Gank »

i voted yes for one reason, and that only... Admins should be able to do what they want:) Less rides! Hell sever you from, i've been playing a while now and i see clans come and go and while we are somewhat low pop, them clans can sometimes get greedy, locks only allow this greed to be enforced. Even on low pop, choppers get rare very fast, same thing with land rovers and SUVs, ect. Never seen an issue with too many, too many props you can not drive with less you can with make new players less likely to return. Why would they epoch has 500+ and all that jazz. But i say YES because admins should be able to play the way they like and these are just my opions, not everyones:)
Homer

Post by Homer »

I dont agree that admins should do what they want in their server, because if so soon we will have 1000+ vehicles and 100+ choppers just to see who can call the most population, because lets face it, people want it easy.
klosiklosi

Post by klosiklosi »

Homer wrote:I dont agree that admins should do what they want in their server, because if so soon we will have 1000+ vehicles and 100+ choppers just to see who can call the most population, because lets face it, people want it easy.
/sign

Post by 5252 »

Hi. As ZiCell said. Dont really thing that the reduction of amound vehicles is the right way. I play on the same server like him and i chose this server and mod exacly for the same reason. Explore the map piece by piece without rush with idea that one day i will find some military stuff. If the reductin will appear the dream of some m.s. will pul back. I believe and imagin that reduction can help somebody on particular servers but not for me on server iv play. So NO.

Jk CZ
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

If the option to reduce is added it only makes sense to also allow to increase beyond what comes standard now.

Admins should be given an option to increase and decrease based on the avg pop of the server.

Servers that are large or small still have the same amount of vehicles regardless of the number of players.
I find an larger servers it is very difficult to find vehicles.

So for 30-40 = X num of veh.
So for 41-50 = Y num of veh.
So for 51-60 = Z num of veh.
So for 61-70 = A num of veh.
IcieJuicy

Post by IcieJuicy »

I think the amount of vehicles should be somewhat fixed, maybe allowing 3 or 5 settings for admins.

5 setting system:
1 = 50% of current vehicles
2 = 75% of current vehicles
3 = 100% of current vehicles
4 = 125% of current vehicles
5 = 150% of current vehicles

3 setting system:
1 = 75% of current vehicles
2 = 100% of current vehicles
3 = 125% of current vehicles

This way the amount vehicles has some fluctuation but is still within what the overall theme/style of Origins is. Like we've all said, this isn't other mods where it's highly militarized or easy-mode. But there are plenty of servers with populations low enough that the standard amount of vehicles is probably way too high. Some flexibility for admins would probably be nice.
MrMadness

Post by MrMadness »

ive submitted no due to the reason that vehicles are a few and far to come between unless you reduce the cars that get stuck off road.
Geoffry-OGR

Post by Geoffry-OGR »

if you make a option to lower them also give the option to raise it as well.... 2 cents
KevinsCrew

Ability to reduce amount of vehicles

Post by KevinsCrew »

The idea that reducing the amount of cars will make it harder for Bambies to get a car is just wrong.
Just have a look what realy going on on the servers.The military cars like the gunner suv is most of the time in the hands from the big pvp teams.
The big Pvp teams have a big base with upgraded walls and watchtowers. No Chance for a Bambie to get a Gunner SUV or at least its very hard.
I think military cars have no place in origins , nowadays its only about PVP-Teams you have alsmost no chance when you playing with only one ore two friends.

Its not only the fact that Cars like the Gunner SUV are too strong , its more about how PVP-Teams are using this kind of cars. Most of the Time 3-5 People with MK-MOD , DMR and stuff like that sitting in the Gunner SUV and driving along the Map looking for trouble. And for a small Team or even a single Player its almost impossible to stop this car with normal Weapons like M4.

The fact that you can build Walls and Watchtowers leads to a fact that the big Teams building very large Bases to safe the loot and the cars. And its almost impossible to rape them.
So on almost every server its just the same gameplay , a few big teams fighting against eachother and the small teams rage quitting more and more.

I think it would be good for the Game when the amount of Cars could be set by the admins.
Give the Admins more freedom to change settings according to the community. Not only the amount of Cars.
for example the walls , if you can restrict the walls it would be a huge tool and could change the gameplay i have mentioned before. A big Base without walls is no longer benefit for the big Teams. Bring back the old Style of the Game !