General discussion about the Mod.
osi1

PLEASE limit the amount of vehicles a player can lock

Post by osi1 »

Hello,
we are playing on a well-frequented server and are good established there

but its very hard for new players to find any car/boat thats not locked
especially choppers

some players and big clans (maybe like our clan/group :oops: ) stockpile cars and choppers

i think its also too overpowered to lock various vehicles

and on the background of an apocalyptic survial (hardcore-) simulation its too easy to have the permanent possibility to fly with choppers, maybe the absolute amount of choppers should be reduced or it should be much more difficult to repair/maintain them

otherwise, with the new trader, it becomes more and more an team-deathmatch with heavy weaponary

So could you limit the amount of vehicles a player can lock to 1 ?

What do you think?

regards
Gank

Re: PLEASE limit the amount of vehicles a player can lock

Post by Gank »

IMO only, i would like to see an option for admin to limit locking. Few guys with parts one greedy night can wipe a area clear, and with locks (love em) it makes it worse to deal with. We have no issues yet with locks, seems the ones that had what they had locked it, not really changing anything. Heres hoping for no issues and maybe a option just in case.
Homer

Post by Homer »

You guys know that destroying a locked vehicle and they will go back to the spawn.
Kyrillios

Post by Kyrillios »

Homer wrote:You guys know that destroying a locked vehicle and they will go back to the spawn.
i think that isn't the the point, a newbie is always searching for a car before getting heavy weaponry, in this case it can be really hard for them to find vehicles if they cannot destruct them.

Also you said we just have to destroy the vehicle, but as far as i know it's impossible to destroy a landed heli in dayz origins except if you crash one of your helis/plane on it which is first ridiculous since you loose your own heli and secondly forbidden on most server.

Conclusion this need a serious balance, a survivor DO NOT need that much vehicles and it ruins the game of others.
|LP|Estripador¤

Post by |LP|Estripador¤ »

Kyrillios wrote:
Homer wrote:You guys know that destroying a locked vehicle and they will go back to the spawn.
to destroy a landed heli in dayz origins except if you crash one of your helis/plane on it which is first ridiculous since you loose your own heli and secondly forbidden on most server
This, people are abusing this new lock thing so i guess its kamikazi time, just refuel planes and crash on the helicopters.
Kyrillios

Post by Kyrillios »

|LP|Estripador¤ wrote: This, people are abusing this new lock thing so i guess its kamikazi time, just refuel planes and crash on the helicopters.
Well i think that's not the solution if as you just said those people are abusing the system, it means that the system is currently not balanced, and needs a limitation.
You may not see the real problem at the moment but, in 2-3 months, the game will be full of locked vehicles, it will look like this shitty epoch mod without currency... And i hate so much this mod, where is the survival aspect if we see vehicles locked all over the streets ?
|LP|Estripador¤

Post by |LP|Estripador¤ »

Kyrillios wrote:
|LP|Estripador¤ wrote: This, people are abusing this new lock thing so i guess its kamikazi time, just refuel planes and crash on the helicopters.
Well i think that's not the solution if as you just said those people are abusing the system, it means that the system is currently not balanced, and needs a limitation.
You may not see the real problem at the moment but, in 2-3 months, the game will be full of locked vehicles, it will look like this shitty epoch mod without currency... And i hate so much this mod, where is the survival aspect if we see vehicles locked all over the streets ?
Ofc it's not the solution, i hate this new lock system because there's no point rather than having it active on the traders. When i first started playing i remember how hard it could get just to fix a car and not even talking about choppers... With this lock system new players will just get bored and quit playing because the veterans will have all the vehicles locked.

Hopefully they change it in the upcoming patches, or add some features that allow to break into vehicles without the EIL like a bandit ability.