Server side updates to missions

General discussion about the Mod.
Falcon

Server side updates to missions

Post by Falcon »

So i see NPP has changed. AI has different weapons and the loot has changed!!!
NPP didnt have a mk17 sniper in it anymore!
It had crap gear, what is going on?
[XCF]Goblin

Re: Server side updates to missions

Post by [XCF]Goblin »

( Quote) Warning, reward got random items.

New cat's raids for rewards comming soon.

technicianhard

Higzee

Post by Higzee »

So are the missions even worth doing now? There was only 5 or so worth doing (NPP, Ambush, Backstab, Death Squad and the heli ones) to start with, but now? No VSS's, no MK17 sniper, no big backpacks, I'm not sure what the point of doing these missions is if the rewards are crap. Or is this to force us to use the trader or do Sec B? Unless you are building an enest and farming screws the reasons/motivation for actually doing missions is drastically reduced.
tripiz

Post by tripiz »

Hello,

i think the rewards for the missions are crap since the last serverside patch from last week.

For Example Helicrash Topolka/Crash in the Air, you have to kill up to 17 NPCs on each mission. And what is the reward? A M16A4 with mags and a SAW, some stencils and building materials. At least at CitA i got some big backpacks (Mega, Explorer).

The only good mission for me since the patch was Danger in the Sky (Mk 48 Mod, DMR, MK16 CCO SD) but almost no ammo.

Don't know if they are now every time that bad or if i only had just bad luck.
[XCF]Goblin

Post by [XCF]Goblin »

:) It's just my opinion , but if the Trader is active on a server , farming missions for rewards has become redundant ,you get no humanity gain/loss from killing AI and the rewards are now random , at the trader only a few items are missing every reset , so chances of success on obtaining an item are much better .
Homer

Post by Homer »

[XCF]Goblin wrote::) It's just my opinion , but if the Trader is active on a server , farming missions for rewards has become redundant ,you get no humanity gain/loss from killing AI and the rewards are now random , at the trader only a few items are missing every reset , so chances of success on obtaining an item are much better .

True, but some of the items in the traders (weapons and mags specially) seem to be more expensive now.
[XCF]Goblin

Post by [XCF]Goblin »

I agree , and so it should be , they are much easier to obtain at the trader, so they should be expensive .
Higzee

Post by Higzee »

So they really aren't worth doing anymore... that's too bad, missions actually gave us something to do (with commensurate rewards) in Origins, now it's back to doing... what? Farming is super boring but that's what they want you to do I guess. Farm Martin or Novi and just go buy the stuff you want instead of getting them as mission rewards. As a lone wolf the missions were the one thing I was motivated go and do to get some excitement and rewards at the same time, now there is just no point. Time to load up Epoch I guess. Happy trails Origins :D
Homer

Post by Homer »

The missions now give more random loot. Yesterday we did the Crash in the Air and the loot was good.
Higzee

Post by Higzee »

What do you consider good?