[OFFICIAL DEVELOPER Q&A]

General discussion about the Mod.
[XCF]Goblin

Re: [OFFICIAL DEVELOPER Q&A]

Post by [XCF]Goblin »

Great Job People . :) I wondered if you have an issue with your file being rehosted , ie : I download it , then provide a http link at no charge for those that don't want to use a torrent or are not comfortable using a torrent . What do you think ?
_Adriano_

Post by _Adriano_ »

I have a question:

Was the leenfield nerfed in the last patch?

No.

GeriX
GrandRoyal

Post by GrandRoyal »

Hi!

In earlier updates it was told that loot should spawn, regardless if you were in a vehicle or not ( or at least spawn in a bigger area when on foot )

I dont see any change .. Still have to sit on a perfect distance and wait for loot to spawn. If you rush = no loot. Btw Like the new update and wish people come back to this mod.

As the loot spwaning script is very demanding it causes a lot of lags, so we had to minimizee that and the optimal way we know atm. is like you discribed with this distance system.
We're constantly working on improving the performance but this can unfortunatley not be changed without having even more server lags.

Cheers!

GeriX
[XCF]Goblin

Post by [XCF]Goblin »

[XCF]Goblin wrote:Great Job People . :) I wondered if you have an issue with your file being rehosted , ie : I download it , then provide a http link at no charge for those that don't want to use a torrent or are not comfortable using a torrent . What do you think ?
Lack of a response suggests indifference .... so I guess I will . Thanks
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

in 1.7.8 patch all new weapons were added. I have collected all new weapons except for one. The SCAR-H LNG SNIPER SD.
Is this weapon in the patch?

Does the weapon only spawn in sec b?

If not where could one find it?

Will is it be an option at the trader?

Nope it's not in the game, must be an error in the changelog.

GeriX
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

SEC B question

Does changing the difficulty settings on the server effect what loot is able to be obtained in the urals?

ie it seems that at certain levels the loot offering are different. lower levels you won't get storage boxes, AK custom, mk17 snipers, or the unlocker tool.

Can you confirm that lower difficulty level limit the gear in the urals?
Felix

Post by Felix »

Let's bring up 1 of the absolutely oldest questions of origins again.
When will the Server Files be released ?
Will it be 1.8 like you once said Century's ago or later ? (edit 2.0 like centuries ago was my fail)
Or will they never be released ?

Server flies will not be released! If so we would say it officialy, but rather unlikely.

Can the the server admin change the despawn times for Houses, Vehicles and other stuff ?
If not is this a planned feature for the Future?

Currently the despawn time is set to about 14 days, but for some reason it varies from server to server. There are currently no plans on implementing this feature but, who knows :)

GeriX
Last edited by Felix on 23 Sep 2014 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Felix wrote:Let's bring up 1 of the absolutely oldest questions of origins again.
Will it be 1.8 like you once said Century's ago or later ?

Can the the server admin change the despawn times for Houses, Vehicles and other stuff ?
I don't know if there is a good reason to change despawn times. Everyone knows what the time frames are. it would just be another thing to advert about on the server name. I think a better option(s) would be a timer that the owner could see or an admin would be able to reset the timer.
OldManTim

Post by OldManTim »

Felix wrote:Let's bring up 1 of the absolutely oldest questions of origins again.
Will it be 1.8 like you once said Century's ago or later ? (edit 2.0 like centuries ago was my fail)

New developer team so it is up to them if they want to release the files.
Personally the only reason I would like the files is so that I can host a server closer to home, South Africa.
There is a big player base that wants to play the mod, but not interested in 170+ms pings against international opponents.

Hey dev team, any possibility to have an option to host a server in South Africa in future? :-)

As for the despawn option, I like that, and/or the visible timer idea.
Falcon wrote:
I don't know if there is a good reason to change despawn times. Everyone knows what the time frames are. it would just be another thing to advert about on the server name. I think a better option(s) would be a timer that the owner could see or an admin would be able to reset the timer.
What are the timeframes?
I though tents and vehicles were 7 days, but on my server it seems like 5
And houses? Is it 15 days? Again, it seems a bit random on my server.
[XCF]Goblin

Post by [XCF]Goblin »

What are the timeframes?
I though tents and vehicles were 7 days, but on my server it seems like 5
And houses? Is it 15 days? Again, it seems a bit random on my server.

I believe the timeframe is related to the server difficulty setting , Recruit , Regular , Veteran or Expert . Different for each .

Houses 14 days, tents and vehicles 7 days and empty vehicles and tents 5 days. Unfortunately Arma is a bit buggy and it can be +-1 or to days

GeriX